Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

FSD inflates the hypothetical sticker to make this sale artificially more appealing. In reality FSD has a MMR value of just +$750.

So subtract $15k and then the hypothetical sticker becomes 62

3 Likes

I personally agree with this but I have seen dealers pay premiums much higher than $750 for FSD. If I were a consumer wanting FSD (and possibly willing to pay $15k for it), saving $10k for a used model would be worth considering.

1 Like

Here is what changed with auction results and a headwind for Tesla. Its the Tesla lease returns that were suppose to part of the Robotaxi fleet that are sitting. If you look pre price cuts, there were a lot of sales by Tesla under the Lease category, now they are Regular sales , so Tesla isnā€™t selling, these are most likely dealers .

Tesla would sell used 3s inventory to Carvana, now they will release a few 3s at a few Manhiem locations to control the flow. I suspect many 3s run, but donā€™t hit the reserve

1 Like

Looks like they are finally passing the 7500.
Although it doesnā€™t look like a cap reduction :face_with_monocle:

I looked and when you switch to lease it removes the $7500. Maybe Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦

Only the 3 SR has it so far. Both 3 LR and Y/S/X donā€™t seem to be passing the reduction.

I donā€™t think theyā€™re passing it either

What makes you think theyā€™re passing it on? The lease seems way too expensive for them to be passing it on and if you compare the lease cost to pre-price change, it doesnā€™t seem to reflect enough of a cost decrease to account for both the MSRP reduction AND a tax credit pass on.

They probably jimmied with the residual like Audi did when they started passing through the credit again

3 of them have >10k miles on ODO. Adjusting for that, Iā€™d say the value is holding up.

I think we will see a better picture in 60 days or soā€¦ I canā€™t imagine that a dealer today is giving anywhere close to MMR on a MYLR trade in.

Maybe I should have added that the value is holding up yet. I agree that itā€™s very early to predict where the market is headed to over the next few months.

You may be right. Iā€™m only seeing a 2% residual difference(66 vs 64) and slight MF difference(0.002335 vs 0.002551) between the SR vs P. Donā€™t think thatā€™s all of the 7500.

$12,500 incentiveā€¦

So do the new M3 and MY delivered have radar now? I see that HW4 is supposed to be released with CT in 2023/24.

On the fence about MY but feel that as soon as I take delivery, they will add radar :smile:

Mine from last month does notā€¦just "Tesla Vision":joy:

1 Like

No they donā€™t. Rumors indicate they will announce AP HW4 at investor day conference in March.

If think HW2 included a free upgrade to HW3 , but HW3 does not include free upgrade.

They want to charge me $1000 to upgrade from HW2 to HW3 on my S100D.

1 Like

Question for those who have recently placed an orderā€¦I have an estimated delivery date of 2/20-3/20 (no VIN assigned) for a M3P ordered a week ago. How are current production estimates tracking to actual delivery dates? I jumped on the bandwagon when the price dropped and the vehicle became eligible for the tax creditā€¦slightly worried that there is a tax credit guidance change if itā€™s delivered on the back side of the production estimate. Trying to decide if I get aggressive with an existing inventory release based on the first post of this thread or just sit back and wait.

I placed a MYLR order morning of 1/13. Original delivery window was 1/26 to 2/1. Window is now 2/2 to 2/11. Iā€™ve had a VIN assigned since 1/18. No idea if itā€™s actually coming during revised window.

Iā€™ve been debating seeing if I should get one I see in inventory not too far away also.

Iā€™m not sure about recent deliveries, but in the past if VIN is assigned itā€™s pretty close to arriving. Like a week or two I would say.