Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

@z0lt3c

Can we get a wide angle MMR update for teslas? Model S and Model X included. :pray:

Very curious to see what those expensive models can be had for at auction these days.

1 Like

Here is a view of just the 2021 MY LR:

As I posted before, I had been searching for a MY LR for several weeks because values had already been hammered over the last 5-6 months. Since the Jan 12 price reduction, the wholesale prices do not appear to have dropped much, if at all. There aren’t enough data points on 2022 MY LR.

There are a few data points that show the 2022 MYP has dropped quite a bit after Jan 12.

2 Likes

Finally roadworthy (except for a bad fog light)

11 Likes

So it was mechanically totaled.

That explains a lot. :grin:

2 Likes

Tesla only wants $800 to replace it. I am now obsessed with model S bumper removal videos.

Which led me to a discovery. Tesla makes the complete service manual available for all vehicles at no charge. To signup your tesla account, follow the below URL, highlight “service and repair information” and then the sign up now button at the bottom. When you are taken to the purchase screen, Option 1 should be listed at $0. No billing information is required.

https://service.tesla.com/service-subscription

Once setup you will get to this:

6 Likes

Officially at the “maybe I should have paid the $800” part of the project.

12 Likes

According to Consumer Reports, Tesla is falling behind other car companies in automated driving technology.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/25/business/consumer-reports-ford-bluecruise-tesla/index.html

That doesn’t change the fact that when someone says “autopilot”, the first thing that comes to mind for many is “Tesla”.

Needs a v8

4 Likes

Good luck. Hope you don’t have any extra parts left over when putting everything back together lol

1 Like

Those extra parts are my weight saving plan to extend range.

5 Likes

$399 leases anyone ? $5k due at signing (about what u pay for sales tax if u live in unfortunate states)

2 Likes

4 2022 MY LR sold at Manheim yesterday. These prices are lower than prior to Jan 12:

1 Like

$530 w $0 down before TTL.

Doesn’t look like they’re passing it through on the P or LR

Tesla may have, at least in the medium term, some production advantages. But their software/AI/self-driving advantages were never going to be more than fleeting. Seeing what other ideas work and then imitating them is a theme in tech. See Google and Apple..

There’s a reason Mercedes will take liability for their cars operating in their autonomous mode whereas Tesla perpetually clings to the beta concept , even though they are recognizing the proceeds from the sale as FSD , aka calling it a final product.

1 Like

My Ford with blue cruise has been in the shop for 3 months with undiagnosable electrical / software issues, and I’m going through a lemon claim with it. Blue cruise isn’t the reason it’s there, but it was never great.

The Blue cruise would turn off half the time on the interstate if the lines were faded, would aggressively brake, ping pong between lines, and give you no warning to when it was going to turn off. I wouldn’t say Ford is close to Tesla at this point.

1 Like

3 of them have >10k miles on ODO. Adjusting for that, I’d say the value is holding up.

BTW, kudos to the guy who paid $53,000 for a 22 MYLR with 1200 miles on the clock. Must be fun retailing it.

1 Like

Sometimes these are pre sold & they’re buying it for a fee

2 Likes

If the car has black paint, 7 seats, and FSD, it has a $77630 MSRP (incl dest). So a dealer paying $53k could make a hefty profit and still provide a good deal to the buyer looking for that spec.

Also remember there are millions of people that are not eligible for the tax credit due to income limits.

1 Like