Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Picked up our M3 SR+ today, it wouldn’t be a Tesla without the infamous panel gaps :joy:

No Way Smh GIF by Bounce

Imagine if they learned how to build a car

1 Like

Why bother when you have 3 buyers for every car?

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Mine (August build date) has been perfect so far. Only issue I had was some key cards that were warped due to heat as they transport it inside the vehicle.

1 Like

If you bought it from Tesla, they’ll fix those issues

And yet you took delivery. Brilliant.

1 Like

I heard you. I actually wonder if this was rejected by previous folk(s) and circled back to inventory. We’re not nit-picking people so totally can live with that kind of imperfection. I posted this for the sake of entertainment.

After all, it’s a $44k car, which I consider pretty cheap in current climate (a Chevy Volt already costed $41k 3 years ago). It’s not like we took delivery of an S class or something similar. We didn’t have high expectation before taking it.

Immediately save $200/month on gas with free charging at work (sold current car to Carmax), so it kind of work out for us, no complain.

1 Like

Although just a bit cheaper than the Model 3, my 18 Accord Touring had worse panel gaps than your Tesla and these are all mass market vehicles.

Your M3 looks great and the experience riding it would be unparalleled to any other ICE vehicle or even other similarly priced EVs. Congrats on it!! :champagne:

1 Like

X5 45e and m3 sr in the garage? Not a bad combo

1 Like

Anywho shoutout to this thread. I picked my new Model 3 up on Monday one day after ordering.

7 Likes

Unless you need a car right away for those that don’t why wouldn’t you guys wait until the $7500 Federal EV rebate kicks in again for Tesla?

2 Likes

Because there’s no guarantee it will make into the final draft of legislation

And this thread is specifically for people who need a car sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

I also wouldn’t count on tesla not raising the price to account for the rebate as well.

4 Likes

That and the fact that you can currently flip the car for over MSRP

3 Likes

I thought sale price is locked in when you put the order fee in. At least that’s what the associate told me at the tesla dealership a few months back

Sure, assuming they’ll actually deliver your pre-price increase car. Ask all the people with model s reservations that went in before the $10k price bump that keep getting delayed that are being told they can cancel their reservation, resign up at the new price, and get one immediately.

1 Like

Best reason to order plaid

1 Like

Actually l know of someone in our Discord that had an order from March that they had put on hold until May and had locked in the lower price. They had been waiting until late August before they switched over to an existing inventory because their order was constantly getting delayed.

Tesla does prioritize more expensive orders - just placing an order doesn’t always guarantee you a vehicle or even a place in the line. It does guarantee you a price if they ever feel like making your car. If you’re waiting for a 2022 delivery, it’s just going to be a non-refundable $250 gamble.

Knowing what I know now, I’d never custom order a vehicle from Tesla & only go with an existing non-demo inventory.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your efforts. This will be really helpful for my Model Y shopping.

2 Likes

That’s even better. So I can place an order now and take it in 2025 at 2021 prices?