Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

lol well I kept the mobile charging cable…. So:

-$xx,xxx loss + $300 = still f%#ked haha

4 Likes

Yep posting shortly

Floating Heaven On Earth GIF by Kid Cudi

2 Likes

I mean… kinda just swapped apples for apples?

haha!

I drove the MY to the dealer to sell it today after a 5+ hour road trip in the EQS and I was like “oh wow this is garbage in comparison…”

Tesla’s are great for the price they are now but the $67k I paid for ours… they are trash.

2 Likes

The OP posted the EQS deal here:

1 Like

I was pretty much saying that at the end of 2021. This Y is not worth $63K or whatever it was back then. Same with the 21 RAV4 Prime. That was a $30K car - not $45K plus markup and distributor add-ons.

2 Likes

Tesla dropped another $1.5k on inventory vehicle today. Lowest I saw MYLR was $45.5K but see one now for $44.1k

2 Likes

Do we think we will see Tesla drop M3 prices in 2024 due to losing the tax credits?

I think one of the The big drops came in early 2023 right after beginning of the year in order to make them qualify for the tax credits.

They aren’t selling enough even with the credits…Tesla will need to drop the prices to maintain demand

Loosing $7500 EV credit will be hard to makeup for Tesla. Sales will go down.

We’ve been through this before and Tesla has survived. Given the few qualifying vehicles in 2024, most competitors are in the same situation. And the incentive can still be realized via a lease.

2 Likes

Looks like some of their inventory discounted deeper than other units.

I wonder how they decide…

I noticed some are demos, and some pickup locations have lower prices.

Putting demo vehicles aside, there are still differences between different vehicles and the inventory.
Some are 4K discount and some only 2K discount

I’ve been wondering the same thing. How do they decide which location and vehicle to discount more? While watching inventory, I’ve noticed that there are certain locations that get larger discounts and have the lowest price vehicles. Likely the inventory is high there and they are running out of space.

Been watching their inventory and picked up a M3 RWD at $35090 Dec 20th. Today NYC has no inventory for this trim.

As for long range only 1 was available as of this morning in Brooklyn at $43k.

According to Tesla these are loosing the full $7500 cred.

Here is an example of 2 exact cars with different discount.

In Southern California, I noticed that the more remote locations (Camarillo/Santa Barbara) had bigger discounts than a more central location (Burbank).

The new AP strike algorithm is turning a lot of people off from what I understand.

1 Like