How to get a Tesla FAST... And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

1 Like

I don’t know if he is a genius…crazy, or some combination of the two…but I just like the cars.

2 Likes

Like this cake. Many layers and complex

2 Likes

Interior shot after a serious cleaning…

OTOH, I’ll be adding another $250 club badge to my collection.

16 Likes

There was some chatter on here about used Tesla values going even lower in March. Anyone know the reasoning behind that?

The tax credit could be reduced after March so wouldn’t that nudge prices higher?

There are fortune tellers on every corner of the internet, but no one knows for sure what will happen to used car prices. Presumably, there have been a decent amount of orders for Model 3 and Y’s in the past few weeks.
Orders will probably be delivered mid-Feb or early March. If I look at my own magic 8 ball, it is telling me that’s not good for the used car market in March

1 Like

From my anecdotal observation in Los Angeles:

Most Teslas you see are in the wealthier areas. Most of these people who bought these cars are probably above the 150/300K tax rebate limit. The ones that I know who own Teslas almost all would not qualify for any tax incentive.

My guess is a lot of the Tesla supply was from flippers as the prices were soaring in 2021/22. That business is gone now. So expect fewer cars out there…unless we head into a really bad recession/depression, in which case depreciating car values will be the least of our problems.

Not refundable means that if your tax liability for the year is 7000 the remaining 500 is not given to you as a refund. What you owe when you complete your taxes is not relevant. What’s relevant is line 24 on your 1040 (if you fill out a 1040), which is your total tax liability for the year.

This question doesn’t seem to have been clearly answered in the posts above. So with the price changes and the requalification for the fed credit is it smarter to buy or lease? I live in SoCal.

Have people who bought model 3’s ridden in anything other than a corolla or prius? Got one as an uber, the build quality is pretty bad, so many of the interior panels aren’t aligned. Not to mention the ride qualirty and road noise…

1 Like

The road noise is real. I even attempted to start a business based on my knowledge of sound deadening/absorption by providing kits that could help quiet down the M3. But in reality, no matter what I did I couldn’t get it any noticeably quieter.

It’s the actual structure of the car that is the problem, and impossible to mask unless deaden the ENTIRE thing from top to bottom.

www.soundproofEV.com is that I had started, but realized it was futile, and I don’t sell snake oil so the project never went anywhere despite lots of hours and $$$ in testing stuff.

5 Likes

Nothing that nice! LOL

In seriousness----

My first-hand experience with Tesla is limited to my 2023 M3 , but I understand in some of the prior years the ride was harsh and road noise was brutal. Again, just my limited experience on this, and having the direct comparison be the BMW M235 GC that was swapped out for the Tesla, is that the Tesla rides much more smoothly, and is much quieter than that car. I never thought the M235 was particularly bad in that manner, it’s certainly not like a real M car in that regard.

1 Like

Question for the much smarter Tesla people than me-----

If a customer has a build order placed, but they are concerned about the delivery timeline (and as such they also order an in stock unit)…

Willl tesla allow any punting out of the delivery date for the in stock unit such that the customer could wait longer to see if the ordered car arrives in time? If so, what is the process (and penalties)?

Yes.

I wasn’t really bothered by it and before the new UI everything was quite intuitive.

They usually do not allow you to delay delivery of an in-stock unit more then 2 or 3 days, after the car is ready. You can reject delivery of the in-stock unit, in which case you will usually requeue for the next available in-stock unit. This can sometimes buy a week or two of time.

2 Likes

My last 10+ vehicles have all basically been German(mostly BMW’s). Only thing that really bothers me is wind noise from front passenger top door seal. Other than that the interior is fine. I have spent a lot more on my German cars, so I didn’t expect the Model 3 to have a better or equal interior. I would compare the interior quality to a recent base CT4 I had been in. The M3 front seats for me are some of the most comfortable seat cushions I have had recently, ass portion must be some kind of memory foam. M3 ride quality seems just fine to me. Most my BMW’s were either Msport or M versions, so they all had harsh suspensions.

For the record I have never ridden in a Corolla or Prius.

1 Like

road noise? Amazon got you covered.
There are aftermarket wheel well liners with sound deadening material as well.

I guess Elon decided he needed another $500 for a MYLR?

6 Likes

Demand pricing.

1 Like

Maybe going to Amazon model of just in time variable pricing?

1 Like