How to get a Tesla FAST... And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Offers on my SR+ have gone up from $48K to $50K over the 2 past weeks and I believe will continue to climb as these are pulling $52K+ at auction right now. Of course the outlook was better when the MSRP was $4K lower but the market is still adjusting. Here are some OVE listings;

That said the math works out best flipping the LR right now (if you can get one).

May I ask, it was Carvana offers? Or some auction ?

Anyone know if you put in an order for a non-Cybertruck Tesla ($250 fee), can you later switch to a Cybertruck and have the $250 fee applied to it? Or would a separate order be required for a CT and you canā€™t convert your existing order to a CT?

Ok, bit the bullet and put in an order for a LR 3 with white seats (so exactly the same as my current SR+ except itā€™s a LR). Estimated delivery is December, but I plan to delay delivery till after the new year (and hopefully after the new EV tax credit is law).
Worst case scenario, the tax credit doesnā€™t get renewed and Iā€™m out $250.
Best case scenario, they pass the new credit, Tesla jacks up the price of all their cars, and I can flip my SR+ for the LR with no money out of pocket (after taking into consideration the new credit).

As Iā€™ve now locked in the price of the LR order ($51k), if the prices keep going up, it may make sense to flip my SR+ for a LR even if the new tax credit isnā€™t passed. My SR+ is getting quotes for $45k+ currently and I donā€™t see that changing too much in the next few months.
3_2

2 Likes

Maybe a glitch? I was able to generate a quote this morning.

1 Like

It also says purchase your car, which isnā€™t an option for 3/y

Also, Iā€™m just calling it right now that the price for the LR 3 will get hiked by at least $2k by this time next week.

Mind sharing who from? Iā€™m getting 48 for red sr+

No, you can change the configuration once the order is placed, but you cannot change to another model.

1 Like

So here is the :bomb: Just got of call with Tesla, they stop allowing lease buyouts for 3rd party dealers. Information page will be updated soon.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s gonna suck even for legitimate Tesla lessees since itā€™s US Bank backed (notorious for being real mamzer on lease returns across the board)

LHā€™ers who didnā€™t actually want the car right now:

Frustrated Austin Powers GIF

9 Likes

So what option is left to get out of a Tesla lease if needed? Pure curiosity. Just lease transfer?

1 Like

M3 and MY yes. Others you can buy out yourself and sell it.

Pay off the rest of the payments or get a trade in quote from Tesla and pay the difference in value.

Theyā€™re going to allow this now? Right now lessees cannot buy out.

1 Like

You can buy out X and S. Just not 3 and Y

3 Likes

Ah right. I read it wrong in his statement.

Not that I have plans to flip ours, but Iā€™m feeling pretty smart for changing to finance right about now.

8 Likes

Interesting that Tesla now has an ā€œEV incentiveā€ section in their price breakdown page. Makes me think they are definitely getting ready for a renewed tax credit. They section was not in the price breakdown page when I ordered my SR+ this past summer.

1 Like