How to get a Tesla FAST... And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Tesla Q4 numbers are out. My production estimate was off by -2.1%. I'm happy with that but my delivery estimate was off by 4.4%. In the future, I need to recalibrate more to account for logistics challenges.

Congrats to the Tesla team. It's a new record nevertheless. pic.twitter.com/TdYkLmIgIf

— Troy Teslike (@TroyTeslike) January 2, 2023

1 Like

More information on the 4th quarter.

Only 4.2 percent of sales were for Model S and X. I wonder if there will be better lease deals on the S and X now that they qualify for federal tax credit on leases.

2 Likes

The issue with current credits is that most typical Tesla buyers making over $150k will not qualify.

With current available inventory only the MY7 under 80k qualifies and those M3SR under 55k.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Tesla Model Y Available

Apparently the IRA classification issues of sedan vs SUV have to do with weight of the vehicle.

https://twitter.com/drknowitall16/status/1610006606627971072?s=46&t=AadNijJu_GGtreB_RbkLjg

Lead can lead to poisoning i recommend gold

4 Likes

But per the IRS guidance issued last week, there are no income limitations for leases. If Tesla wants to move more S and X models, they could pass through the credit.

It is Weight (over 6k pounds) or the vehicle needs 4wd/AWD. Notice the dual motor model Ys count as SUVs.

Any classification is gonna be arbitrary but this isn’t illogical. AWD is certainly something I’d consider a normal difference between a truck/SUV and a car.

I would be all for the lease if I can buy it out,

1 Like

IRA guidance has classified MY 5 seater at 55K MSRP cap used for sedans and classified MY 7 seater at $80K MSRP cap for SUV. It seems like weight is not an OR.

See

2 Likes

You can get a 7-pass MYP?

19” MYLR ride is jittery enough. You want kids in the third row projectile vomiting from harder shocks and less sidewall?

2 Likes

What is a Tesla demo?

Tesla uses and then sells demos/loaners just like any other brand.

2 Likes

Is there a way to buy a Tesla Y4680, and what’s the benefit of a 4680 battery pack?

1 Like

More capacity, less cost… so more range for the dollar.

Not sure if Tesla will pass that savings on or just… PROFIT!

1 Like

So far the benefits only materialised for the company and not the consumer. You get a shorter range version of Model Y, Tesla gets lower materials bill. Currently, You, as a consumer, don’t get anything out of a 4680 structural pack. It doesn’t charge faster, does t last longer, basically just cost savings for Elon.

1 Like

Elon lost over 200 billion last year, and is not paying some of Twitter’s bills, so maybe he needs the money.

1 Like