How to get a Tesla FAST... And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

$71k…unreal

3 Likes

It’s more than likely the Delivery dates will get pushed back a few quarters

May be off topic but anyone know best resale value on MY - I know it’s MY LR but wheels, seat options?

You don’t get much additional return on any incremental options in the secondary market.

Best value is on either a white base MYLR or MYP.

2 Likes

gemini wheels, induction wheels, performance wheels in that order.

white interior commands a premium over black, always.

1 Like

14 posts were split to a new topic: Turo discussion

Didn’t realize Model Y price is skyrocket high since I was about to order one (regrettably not) a year ago. By then I remember it was about 50K base plus 8K FSD. Now it’s 74k+ with FSD.
Unbelievable, why do people even choose Model Y when you can get a loaded X5 45e with 7500 tax credit at that price?

1 Like

Because they want more then 30 miles of electric range?

1 Like

Your argument would’ve been justified if X5 45e were only able to drive 30 miles, which is not true.
I know Tesla is different, but essentially it used to be competing against X3/Q5/GLC. Now suddenly it is competing against next level X5/GLE/Q7 in terms of the price. I sincerely want to know the thinking process from a common customer (not a Tesla or EV fan) when they choose MY over X5.

1 Like

It has a 31 mile EV range. Sure, it can go several hundred miles more on gas, but part of the allure of a Tesla is all electric driving. I think you are discounting how much of the equation that is for potential customers. Especially in today’s environment where gas is $4+/gal.

Also, Tesla’s Supercharger network really is their ace in the hole. Sure, there is non-Tesla fast charging out there, but it’s not nearly as prevalent nor easy to use as the SC network and simple plug and play. Also, the Tesla brand (despite not actually being as luxurious as say a BMW, MB, or Lexus) has its own hype and status, which some people like. You probably won’t be seeing any douchebags attempting to
go viral Dukes of Hazard’ing a BMW X5. LOL

3 Likes

Coming from an E class, I placed an order for a Y at the latest price. I was strongly considering a x5 45e but 1) get taxed close to 11% on the sale price in DC on that and 2) know the value will tank, especially considering i would pay MSRP for one. The way I see it is I try the MY and if I don’t like it, I sell and recoup a good amount back with it’s strong resale value. By then the market will cool down. Yes the MY is at a joke of a price now but not much holds it’s short term value as much. Perfect opportunity to try it out for a bit with minimal risk.

1 Like

Exactly, that’s what some people fail to understand. It the cheapest car in its segment to own for a short term. Especially in a state with no sales taxes for EV

2 Likes

No tax in dc :slight_smile:

1 Like

If anyone is in Texas and looking to get pretty much any model quickly shoot me a DM. I have a pretty big connection here. KEYWORD HERE BEING TEXAS. Please if you don’t live and have an address in TX no DM’s.

2 Likes

Tesla connection?

Yes, posting in a Tesla chat so… :joy:

3 Likes

Tinyurl.com/vroomm3

Looks like they got someone xD

1 Like

Will the car be fresh from Austin Giga Factory?

Ordered a MY 11 months ago and deferred once already. Locked in $11K lower than today. Delivery in next 2 weeks it looks like.

Not sure if I want/need it anymore - would it be worth taking delivery and selling it in a couple of months if I don’t like it? How are resale values?

Blue / 19" / 7 seater (in California)

With $11k under msrp, for sure you could flip it even after tax. Probably net a few grand. The only slight risk is that there’s been some murmuring about Tesla blacklisting you if they see you flip it. But it seems like that’s a small risk.