HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

I like the tree analogy but they’re is certainly someone to complain to. There’s a team at Jeep who get paid to get units from the factory to the dealership. Someone is hiring these third parties to get them transported. Find that executive and tell them the company they hired has your Wrangler sitting in rail yard.
Even so, this may the same effect of yelling at a tree.

Northeast only.

1 Like

Whats the logic behind to ask delaer to raised the RV? To lower monthly payments but increase the Buyout price ? Once I leased a Lexus RX350 and dealer increase my RV so to get me a lower monthly payment since I told him that i will bring back the SUV after the lease expires and dont care about Buyout price. If one wants to Flip in 3 months then monthly payments mean nothing but Buyout reduced by 2k should be more attractive.

Higher rv means lower monthly payment. It has very little effect on buyout if youre flipping.

2 Likes

If one is not flipping but keep the jeep for full 36 months then a buyout due to lower RV should be more attractive.
If one is flipping after 3 months then the buyout will be rest of 33 months payments plus buyout price or whatever left of the original sale price . ?

Only if youre buying out at the end of the lease.

1 Like

I’m not flipping. So a higher rv is more attractive.

1 Like

Even those keeping to year 3 it’s hard to see handing these back and walking even if inventories normalize and we enter a recession. Though maybe I still see it as a “flip” even if it’s not a quick flip.

Nice option to have to hand back if we do have a market crash. But positive equity should be there throughout. And fingers crossed 3rd party buyouts remain too.

2 Likes

Agree. If you keeping for length of lease and not buying after the lease over then higher the RV better is the deal as far monthly payments goes.

How long wait once the Sticker is available.
Is that means jeep is ready to get build or its already build and heading to waiting lot for its long journey to dealership.

Mine both showed up at the dealer within about 7-10 days after the sticker showed on crypto, but YMMV.

1 Like

Sticker showing up means it’s done being built. Youre looking at somewhere between 1 and 10 weeks now most likely.

3 Likes

Even if I did not mention it do they lock RV from the date I ordered?

What is considered the northeast again? MD dealership is the NE right?

I remember seeing a map previously but can’t find it.

1 Like

Based on where you live for incentives

1 Like

@mllcb42 just posted this the other day for me as well…

2 Likes

So I ordered back on 2/4 and my Jeep just arrived at the dealer. After seeing the May numbers I was strongly considering walking away since I wasn’t looking to flip. Now I’ve seen multiple posts about how the increased payments won’t affect the filiability much so I started to consider it. Maybe I’m thinking about this wrong but to me an increase in MF will decrease your profit on a flip right? Or if the car is bought out early is the full rent charge never paid? I was under the assumption money factor or rent charge was different than interest on a loan. As in you’re liable for the whole totaled cost of the lease. So to make a profit your offer to buy out needs to be higher than the RV + total lease cost? Hopefully this makes sense. I’ll put tome numbers for what my Jeep looks like:
MSRP 63,320 36/10 lease RV 63% MF 0.00184 9.25% off MSRP
Total cost of lease 19k ish so RV of 39,900 + 19,000 = 58,900 break even?
Or am I completely off? (Numbers aren’t exact)
I guess taxes weren’t factored correctly in that but my question is more about MF and how it works into the buyout… Any help is appreciated

Rent charge is earned monthly. You only pay it for the time you have the vehicle.

3 Likes

if you don’t take it, can you pass it to other folks or not?

@mllcb42 Can you let me know where you found that map for the Dealer Networks showing regions? One of the cutoff lines appears to cut right through the center of NJ (right near me) and I can’t zoom in well enough to make a determination.