HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

This is the response they sent me:

“ Great! Thank you. I just got a response from my back office team. Our manual appraisal team will be reviewing your case, now please allow us 3-5 business days to receive an offer. We are unable to email you once you got the offer, so please keep an eye on your account.”

I sold my last one to Carmax in January for $56k.

They offered $50k for it last Friday

1 Like

Yep, that’s the key question. There’s no NJ guidance on it. However, 49 MPGe is on the sticker and the government pays $7500 for this Jeep because it’s an EV; so there is a strong argument to use that number imho. In any case we aren’t talking about much money.

But MPGe is a completely different unit of measurement and doesn’t even relate to the fuel economy, much less fall into the category of “Passenger vehicles whose gross sales/lease price is equal to or greater than $45,000 AND
have an average EPA MPG rating of over 40. (Add both city and highway ratings and
divide by 2).”

Manual appraisal

1 Like

Cleared about 8k net

3 Likes

Ya took Carvana a week or so to get me the offer. Pro tip- if your account shows offer expired even then you didn’t get an offer, don’t resubmit otherwise it’ll cancel the manual appraisal that was being processed, just text them again and ask for an update, ask how i know this :person_facepalming:

Is your jeep a purchase? Carvana isn’t buying leases anymore right?

Since when? I started the process to sell one of my other jeep thats leased and they never said they don’t take leased cars. HOWEVER they do need a copy of the title to proceed so if you have that you’re all good. CCAP has the title on file for my car so ive got no issues

I mean it definitely relates to the fuel economy, its a certified EPA number and I doubt you will get any pushback on it. It a plug-in hybrid and the point of the waiver is to incentivize the purchase or more fuel efficient ‘luxury’ vehicles and I cant think of a better option than a Jeep lmao

Yeah I just sold my 21 Sahara with 8,000 miles to Carvana this morning ended up at 52k for it. Not a bad haul in my opinion since I put quite a few miles on that one.

2 Likes

Was CCAP ok with getting you a copy of the title?

Ya I remember doing it last year wasn’t an issue but i can’t remember if they faxed or emailed

No, it doesn’t. Why Jeep displays the window sticker like this is beyond me and isn’t even consistent with itself. Note that it shows the driving range in white for electricity and gasoline as the first 21 miles and then immediately shows 0-21 miles all electric range below that.

MPGe is Miles per Gasoline Equivalent and relates only to the electric only performance. A gasoline equivalent is the amount of equivalent electrical energy stored in a gallon of gas, where 1 gallon of gas is equal to 33.7 kWh. It’s easier to write 1 MPGe than it is 1 MP33.7kWh.

This number is what is used to work out the 21 mile of electric only range. The 4xe is rated at 49 MPGe and has about 15 kWh of usable charge in the battery.

Range = 49 * (15/33.7) = 21.8 miles

The unit “MPGe” was created and standardized by the EPA to describe efficiency in EVs after performing several focus groups that showed people didn’t understand units describing efficiency.

https://www.caranddriver.com/research/a31863350/mpge/

My bad. I thought they stopped buying leases all together.

1 Like

Only Vroom

1 Like

Typical technocracy. Should just give in and standardize to btu.

They should at least use the same unit of measurement for reporting the electrical efficiency with the electrical storage; so MPkWh would make some sense if you’re going to report batteries in kWh.

I’d prefer MPJ personally.

1 Like

Let’s focus group this! :grinning:

They display it that way because they are required to, because its a plug in hybrid and has a combined rating. Monroney stickers are fairly regulated in terms of information required to be displayed. In this context, electricity is a fuel used to power the vehicle and that is its equivalent mpg rating (per the federal government agency that is in charge of it) so I cant see an argument for it meeting the exemption lol. I have no skin in this game though lol I dont live in this state so doesn’t effect me one way or the other.