HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

Yes, base would be before any rent charge or non-capitalized taxes.

1 Like

My first Rubi was with cloth seats and I hated them, they get too dusty off Roading and are hard to clean. Rubis 2-5 are all leather with cold, tow, gorilla; Tuscadero and silver have body colored fenders and tops.

How did the Rubi with cloth flip? Did you have other options on it?

They flip fine

I sold a $62xxx on behalf of a client this week for $59K

4 Likes

I had tow, cold and premium soft top. Ordered 4/20 flipped for $12k profit… they sold it on manheim for $2k more

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

If you don’t mind sharing via PM, who did you purchase from in TX that have you a decent deal along with tax credits?

I had a rough go at this with carvana and found what I expected which is that they don’t significantly value add ons and higher trim levels. In fact I couldn’t find one option they valued anything like what Jeep charges new. On that basis I went base trim to max out profit margin.

1 Like

Do you have any comparison numbers you can share?

I don’t I’m afraid. I remember color made no difference. Decals no difference and from memory s hard top was about $1000.

If you don’t mind me asking….what was your base MSRP and what did you profit?

I’m assuming soft top Sahara?

How Long did this guy have it b4 flipping. Just got my hydro blue Rubi. I am thinking about flipping it but I am wondering if I should do it now rather than wait to 2022 - I am still waiting for the title so I can reg in MA. I suppose I can’t flip it with the temp plates from TN?
Did you go with local dealer or one of the big players?
Thx

1 Like

That’s correct. You can’t flip the car until it’s fully registered and funded. I have done a combination of both it just really depends on which numbers make the most sense. At this point I have personally found that Carvana and vroom as well as Autolendersgo are not even worth a look anymore. But Carmax and give me the Vin (if you have a good buyer) have been very strong. I’ve also sold personal units and the number of customer cars to local dealers and those numbers have been extremely strong because everybody’s looking for at bats right now.

This next thing I say is not a plug for my services but being in Massachusetts I have been much more satisfied taking a slightly lower profit and buying local for the vehicles to be registered same day. After doing a number of transactions locally and a couple out of state , I would much rather reduce the extra registration cost, the shipping cost, and the registration time to be able to move the unit faster which in my mind reduces a lot of risk.

Ymmv of course but in my mind this is all found money. It I come out making 10-15% less than I could have but reduced my variables and TAT, I’m all for it.

@leshpreshi I think 8 days. We sold it to a dealer wholesaler connection who places cars at 14 stores. They pick the car up and bring your equity check on the spot.

So basically they netted 7K within 10 days time and didn’t have to leave their houses. These were 2 Rubis at 7% off and one Sahara at 8.5% off. All 7-8K equity on flip. Only first payments of $5xx made.

3 Likes

I’m thinking about picking up a Rubi from Chapman. Does anyone have the the JL forum thread link to Chapman’s posted prices? I remember seeing a 11/1 post by them with their prices across the model range but I can seem to locate it. Maybe it was deleted.

5% under invoice all builds

1 Like
3 Likes

You are not kidding, Carvana offered me 43.7k on a 61k build. I have had good luck with GMTV, would love to know more about the local wholesaler.

it is completely random. Depends on the day you ask. ALgo wound up my best offer, yet were the lowest about 2-3 mos earlier.

Thank you very much. Looking at that menu I’m tempted to order other vehicles too.

Anyone who has recently leased and registeredone of these in PA, about how long for the registration and funding to complete?