HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

Which part are you referring to? Price protection or affiliate?
For affiliate, it would seem like Gupton has yet to get audited. When they do, they’ll change their tune. As for protection … well, again, I have to assume they just haven’t gotten burned yet.

1 Like

I asked if he would honor yesterday as well. He said it appears it is back and that I could pull the code now or closer to pickup. He didn’t let me know the exact discount amount affiliate would be, they have been honest and upfront, I assume if affiliate still applies at delivery they will discount it.

Our dealer was not audited but they got word from the rep about the issue. Guess Gupton has not gotten their hand slapped yet nor heard about it.

2 Likes

I am sure they paid a fraction of that and negotiated a middle ground.

1 Like

Perhaps, but I’m sure however much they paid, they aren’t eager to do it again

2 Likes

Even Access Fund?

Regarding Access Fund, I am still able to generate a new control number (not that it matters anymore). I can’t figure out what the message about program ending Jan 1 2022 means.

I don’t know what the specific story with access fund is. I’m guessing it no longer gives people affiliate, but might be only on new memberships

They can show the selling price at invoice with the down payment equal to their discount below invoice. Still fraud, I guess, but some dealers probably do it. Volvo is the same.

1 Like

Just got an offer for a $59.5K Sahara 4xe NEW unit using dealer stock VIN number. 500 miles ODO.
Look at Value adjustments. What is that?

Looks like the car buying equivalent of Scotchgard and nitrogen for your tires.

2 Likes

Bad data imo but i could be wrong. They probably can’t figure out exactly what it is so they offer 53k as the low for any 22 that isn’t registered. Just my guess which means nothing.

1 Like

Looks like bs filler data to make it look like they are giving you some high number but then have to take out all these totally reasonable and unavoidable expenses that they need to show you so you’re sympathetic to.

It’s all for show

Looks like this was a 2021?

I entered my $58,195 2021 Sahara with 300 miles to just get an idea and they offered me $52,500. Now they call, text or email every day.

I think you may be on to something here…

1 Like

I think this is probably right.

Resale numbers have been pitiful. My 21’ Sahara, 61k msrp and 1000 miles appraised for 48-50k on most sites. Wouldn’t even cover payoff.
CarMax and autonation are 55k so not too bad but not nearly what we saw early on. Just A word of advice for people trying to flip - the market is saturated with 4xe’s and online buyers are lowballing!

2 Likes

that play was never to get a highly optioned Sahara. The best flips are 58k and under Sahara’s or 59-60k Rubicons. But also 22’s are around the corner so i doubt anyone is paying top dollar for 21’s anymore

4 Likes

I picked extra options in case CCAP hit the fan so I agree with you but also think the 22’s won’t net as much profit. Let’s see how it plays out the next few months.