HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

They’re a good dealer as per the guys on the JL wrangler forums.

What was their discount off MSRP and did they accept affiliate?

Any updates on your order? My status is the same as you. Sahara Sting Gray Black Interior, Safety

Still 1/19 build date… not expecting much progress for a few more weeks.

Carmax is saying my car needs to be brought in order to get an offer. Less than ideal since the nearest one is 65 miles away.

Autonation offer is pending.

My car is MSRP 60,935
Payoff quote is 50,080 but that includes 3089 of tax.
If I sell to a dealer would the payoff be 46460? Is that for all dealers or only jeep/Chrysler?

Any other suggestions besides carmax and autonation?

Any recent sales data to share?
Ie what was your msrp and what was your sale price?

I should have mentioned that I’ve made 3 payments and have put 2400 miles on the jeep.

1 Like

I think I can help you. I recently sold my 4xe and I had some of the same questions you have now. As for Carmax, call them and tell them you want to do an online quote. It’s a link they send to your email for you to upload photos that goes straight to Carmax. I believe the same thing happens when you bring it but instead some guy over there does this instead of you. You upload 12 pictures which are clearly labeled. They want stuff like side mirror, the dash, the miles, front, back and so on. Once done, they will give you a link for you to click for the quote.

You can also get quotes from this thread. It’s what I used to reference and get offers. Half of them gave me numbers while the other half didn’t work out for various reasons

You can try selling it to your local Jeep/Chysler dealer and see what they give you. All of them required me to bring the car in which was a pain in the ass compared to online websites. The dealerships are just too old school and aren’t adapting to the current better way to sell a car. I sold my car to Autonation for $61,250 but mine had a higher MSRP. Payout was $52,800

2 Likes

If your buyout includes tax, the dealer buy out will not include tax, no matter which dealer buys it.

Skip the local Jeep dealers, they will be a waste of time. Get your Autonation and Carmax quotes (the latter wouldn’t give me an online quote, I had to bring it in) and yes, your payoff will be the $46k number.

I had a very similar MSRP Sahara with 4k miles and was offered $54,500 from AutoNation and $53k from Carmax. Good luck!

I got a email from Mike at Mall of GA and said Affiliate is back. So RV is 61% and the MF is the same?

$61k build, 2000 miles and $54k at carmax
$60k build, 4500 miles and $52k at carmax. Both for this week.

2 Likes

@Bostoncarconcierge is for sure leasehackr member of the year. Such a pleasure to see his auto buying wisdom on here. Thank you for posting the tread membership discount.

11 Likes

So your buyouts are whatever percentage you got off + $7500 right?

Example: 60k - 8.5% - $7500 = $47k give or take some fees?

2 Likes

It took Autonation two days to put up my car for sale. Looks like they are marking up by around $5000

https://www.autonationtoyotacerritos.com/used/Jeep/2021-Jeep-Wrangler+4xe-241161130a0e09b17e990a0687566da5.htm

Depends on state for how taxes are handled.

1 Like

In terms of the credit? Or just in terms of the taxes on the vehicle itself?

They listed mine for about 2500 over msrp and around 3500 more than they bought it for.

If, for example, you’re in a state that taxes up front, your buyout amount would be much higher, because all the taxes had to get paid.

1 Like

I have 3 local dealers. One was a complete waste of time. The second matched my CarMax offer. The third was $500 less. In the end I drove it about 2 hours away to autonation for 1k higher than CarMax. CarMax and the local dealer were the second highest after running it through the recommended list of online dealers shared here.

Ahh yes got it, thanks for the clarification. Luckily here in CT it’s not like that which is odd considering this state taxes the ever loving crap out of everything they can.

Autonation offer just came in at 54500. There was no place for me to add some of my add ons (tow package, safety packaget , etc.). Do they know what I have based on the VIN?

So the buyout for autonation would be 46400? Netting me 8100$ if I took there offer?