HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Acq fee waiver gone for New England / Northeast this month @ 36

Booooo!!! Hisssss!!!

:-1:

1 Like

Gahhhhdammn

The hits keep on coming.

Still waived in the southeast

whooop whooop…lucked out here.

Yes, Carvana, CarMax, Vroom (yes, I’m aware they have halted lease buyouts), etc. The best I have ever seen is coming close to breaking even, which that wouldn’t be worth the hassle IMO. I’ve been watching this for months.

Are you in a state that taxes fully up front?

James Caan Elf GIF

No, the taxes may be rolled in.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Doesn’t matter if they’re rolled in or paid up front, if you’re in a state that taxes up front, your buyout is going to be much higher, eating into your equity.

Agreed. No money to be made on 4Xe. Lets go find something else now.

Can someone post great lakes numbers please.

Winner!

$8-12k on other models!

1 Like

Have we been watching the same thread? :rofl: :thinking:

3 Likes

Ahh, ok. If the lease is bought out, taxes are not due. If I were to buy the 4xe (personally), that the sales tax would need to be collected.

1 Like

It’s not just that. If you’re in a state that taxes up front rather than the monthly payment, then the entire amount of taxes from the whole lease term are amortized into the lease. They all get paid and included in your buyout.

This differs from a state that taxes monthly, where the only taxes that you would have paid are for the period of time between when you took delivery and when you sold it.

Yes, I 've been with this thread since the very beginning.

Seen as in deal estimates that I have thrown together for myself. This is why I asked the question - “HOW are some of these deals even possible?”. I’ve never been able to put anything together that yields thousands in profit.

Weird. The 4XE is specifically omitted out of the northeast. Only has Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited.

On other regions, it’s on the sheet

Part of it is the magic of sold order protection. If you sign a deal today at 8.5% off msrp and the msrp increases between now and when you take delivery, your actual discount % increases, as does the residual value (assuming the % hasn’t dropped).

1 Like