HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

I guess that is my curiosity as well. How could they get around the federal law of only the first owner (CCAP) being able to utilize it.

That’s how it has always been. The 4xe, like every other car, doesn’t get the federal tax credit on a lease. It gets a ccap incentive of equivalent amount that they opt to offer.

They can choose to, or not to, offer it at their will. On the 2022s, the dealer is likely just hedging their bets since the presence of the incentive is tbd.

OK, that makes more sense. I would hope they would continue to pass it along to the consumer. Otherwise, it might push people to the non-EV version of the JLUR since it is cheaper.

1 Like

To voice some slight frustration - my car has been at Gupton for a couple days and I’ve had absolutely zero luck getting a response from them.

This will become moderate to significant frustration if it results in me screwed over by October rates and loss of the Control Number discount…

They are absolutely slammed. Only Daniel & Renee are orchestrating these deals and they can barely come up for air. I was there this weekend picking mine up and saw it with my own eyes - Took me 2 hours to get signed, but i didn’t care because i understood what it must be like for them, and the deal is just incredible. You won’t lose your pricing, only the MF could change and I don’t think it will. Everything else will be from time of ordering.

Agreed, but its a small price to pay considering the LAF can be come back in my region tomorrow and that’s an approx $1k hit.

I spoke with Renee and must say she is great! She was able to lock my deal and send over my deal sheet. The number was even lower than I had expected. lol. I got June RV of 65% and Sept MF and no LAF.

I’m getting the paperwork FedEx’d like you mentioned. She does seem overwhelmed. She said that they are working through about 100 deliveries right now. That is insane.

2 Likes

Maybe Gupton needs to hire some temp help. They had no issues taking all these orders, did they? If a vehicle I’ve waited months for is just sitting there for days with zero communication from them, I’d be a little annoyed too.

I think because of this forum, it got WAAY out of hand. I’ve seen this forum be referenced in all of the Jeep groups. FB, 4XE, JL…etc. I’m sure they were not expecting this, especially with what is unknown for 2022.

1 Like

Placing an order takes 2 minutes

Processing all of the vehicles
Papering all of the vehicles
Registering all of the vehicles
Answering hundreds of questions from people about where their orders are :slight_smile:

Is not the same thing

People need to be tolerant

11 Likes

I asked them that and they said nobody wants to work.

1 Like

This is a joke. and I will just leave it at that. Very disappointed and dissatisfied.

Bulls & bears make money; pigs get slaughtered

What is this in reference to?

Agreed on all points, I knew what I signed up for :joy: I just think a lot of people are on edge about losing affiliate and/or incentives changing. A quick 1-2 line email saying “it’s here, we’re processing and will reach out soon” would take care of a lot of the impatience.

I will say though, the dealer contact at one of Clutch’s locations told me after my regress that “most folks aren’t as nice as you are about this” :neutral_face: which one of you a-holes is messing with her??

1 Like

Nothing has changed, it’s been the same story all year.

1 Like

First pics, ordered 6/23, shipper didn’t pick it up today :frowning:

Likely arriving Monday or Tuesday now. Or maybe I’ll go pick it up on Saturday myself if it’s not picked up by tomorrow end of day

5 Likes

From my understanding he told me even if I didn’t sign until tomorrow/Saturday it would be dated 9/30 because the process was started .

Also must be pretty crazy when all the orders show up at once

1 Like

If it’s the same one as I talked to, then she’s a sweetheart. I think we talked about the weather for a solid 30 minutes.

Yeah, that’s what I expected so thank you for that.

Ideally, I’d do paperwork remotely first and then worry about either flying down or figuring out how to ship after they.

Yep, they had no control over the timing of the builds and deliveries.

If you want to vent, call Jeep and ask why they cut transportation rates on delivery companies. That’s probably why they all came together.

Also, it goes without saying - all 10s on the Gupton dealer survey. The logjam should in no way be held against them.

7 Likes

My exact build with saddle brown. The granite looks gorgeous