How to find a broker in WA for negotiating a good Nissan lease?

Hi,

After getting some quotes from a dealers here, that are far away from what the LH calculator shows me:

How can I find a good broker for WA state that can negotiate a good lease deal?

Unfortunately, https://leasehackr.com/registered-business does not help, since no WA brokers are listed there.

And ideas/hints for me?

1 Like

It’s much harder to strike a good deal in WA, especially in the greater Seattle region, as most dealerships are less willing to negotiate. You’ll want to cast a wide net and reach out to as many Nissan dealerships as possible and keep your expectations realistic.

Regarding the broker, @28firefighter had some good insight recently - to be a registered broker in WA, they have to have a physical location/address in the state, which is why there probably aren’t any on LH (Feel free to correct that statement if I’m not remembering the info correctly). I’m sure there are auto brokers in WA to be found via Google, just not necessarily on LH.

2 Likes

This is something I generally disagree with.

As someone who has been doing this now 7 years - 3 of which online, I find blanket statements like that a touch incorrect.

In my time of doing this online, I’ve largely worked in many states that require you to be registered as a “broker”.

Why? Well I have the protections in place in Michigan, and have had California, NY even Texas stores in the past ask for my Michigan information, which has been submit and I’ve never heard a peep.

I’ve even gone as far to ask attorneys who generally work specifically with dealer licenses/business licensing in several states and the answer I’ve received is you don’t really meet the ‘broker’ requirements. (such as you do not show or deliver the vehicle, do not handle any personal information (Drivers license, SS number, insurance card, etc) and do not not sign the customer up on the lease/purchase paperwork). I’ve also had an attorney reference the lawsuits against carwoo, truecar, edmunds and the like - who all do what most of us do, yet have never been forced to acquire a ‘brokers’ license by the presiding state regulatory body.

Point is, this is largely a grey area and while I might be in the wrong - I think it’s more apt that you’re honest and transparent with that. Folks in this space try to get cute and call themselves advocates, consultants or whatever they choose to call themselves but it does not change how the law views them. If you’re working with a broker - they should have the structure in place so you have protection against fraud or misrepresented deals (them telling you it has X feature or whatever) with their surety bond.

Edit: Copy of my bond

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Always happy to learn to more about how this all works and get insight from people actually in the business.

1 Like

Interesting information.

When googling I haven’t found good information about lease dealers in Washington state.

But besides high-price areas such as Seattle, WA also has regions with a much lower price level, such as Spokane.

So I am really wondering why it is that hard to find a good lease dealer in WA.

Any other ideas/hints?

Update: After a few negotiation attempts with Nissan dealers in the Seattle region, I finally ended up in Everett where I haven’t had to do the usual “sales person has to ask his manager for making me a better offer” game that I didn’t want to play at all. Instead, that guy could do it all in one person, and I finally reached a deal with him that I am satisfied with.

What: Nissan Rogue Sport 2018 SL
Duration/miles: 36/12k
Drive-off: $750 (1st rate and registration)
Monthly rate including taxes: $325

In case you like to know more, just ping me.