How to become a lease broker

Guy was mind-boggling, so many members spoonfed him ways to be successful here and he ignored everything.

1 Like

He was here 2 days ago

How did he get all his posts and topics wiped out? Canā€™t find any posts of any type from him?

They were all in a thread that is under review akaik

His marketplace thread was closed and unlisted pending review by me.

1 Like

Time to leave the guy alone. He was trying to make a living here the best way he could, just like other brokers/dealers.

8 Likes

Utz is goneee?

I have been thinking the same, I work from home and could multi-task my current day job with broker stuff, at least initially, I believe. I enjoy finding deals, I have a few friends in the surrounding areas that work for car dealers, people generally know me as someone who gets good deals on things in general. This wouldnā€™t be a full-time job for me but just something fun to do while getting people good deals on cars.

Iā€™m not sure how the pay structure is for traditional brokers on this forum, but I thought about pitching it to a dealership that Iā€™m ā€œfreeā€ to them at least for the first year or something, collecting a broker fee from the buyer and passing off a confirmed sale to the dealership, saves them time from dealing with a customer and they just have to finish it off - ā€œquality lead generationā€, if you will.

Iā€™d be curious to hear more from the other brokers on here, but I also fully expect that keeping some secrets is in their best interest - who wants competition?

You say as if thatā€™s a bad thing !

4 Likes

I am no broker, but here is a reality check if you decide to go the broker route - Be prepared for tire kickers, folks texting you at odd hours of the night expecting a response right away, then ghosting you once you follow up with them. On the flip side, there are folks who are serious buyers and will jump on a deal if the numbers make sense. What part of the country are located?

5 Likes

Unless youā€™re established already, I think itā€™s very difficult to sell cars part time, you kind of need to be all in or not at all.

7 Likes

1:32AM? Am I seeing that right?

1 Like

Outgoing call.

20 minute outgoing call because a client requested one at 1:30 AM. Thatā€™s my entire point.

Youā€™re on call 24/7 if youā€™re going to succeed.

Part time broker = part time sales:
Coffeeā€™s for closers.

3 Likes

And Iā€™m saying that implying that you should be willing to take calls at 1:30Am to be a successful broker is nonsense

6 Likes

Thatā€™s what assistants are for eventually.

But yes: some people will buy from you specifically because you were there for them when they had time to chat.

Can I just save you some times and just not do this broker thing?

6 Likes

I canā€™t fathom expecting a broker to take a call at 1:30am

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done crazier at JLR. Salespeople make extremely good money but it comes at a cost, successful salespeople donā€™t get time off.

4 Likes