How should I go about leasing a 18 Tacoma double cab 4x4 trd OR?

If i was you I’d hammer out the cheapest lease deal I could get on one of these, assuming that you’ll be under $300/mo for a $35k+ truck. With that math it just doesn’t make sense to buy one, unless you drive a bunch of miles or trash your vehicles. You’ll end spending less and have higher cash flow every month. You could lease 3 new trucks over the course of 9 years or buy one. $300 x 108=$32400 lease 9 years with a new truck every 3 years, $550 x 60=$33000 purchase, 1 new truck, paid off in 5 years. These are just rough numbers but I think it explains why you should’t buy one of these.

1 Like

if you want to buy it why not just buy it with a 84 month loan, if you did a 3 year lease and then a 4 year loan on 26k or whatever the residual is you’re payments on that loan would be close to 600/month at 4% interest and it still took you 7 years to pay off that way. I have no idea what these lease for but high residual is good for leasing so you’d probably be ballpark 300/month. The best value seems to be leasing these vs buying and leasing then buying just doesn’t look good on this

I’ve always thought 7 year loans weren’t the best idea. But possibly.

I don’t think it is the best idea but that’s what you would essentially be doing if you leased for 3 and then took out a 4 year loan to buy it so if you were going to go that route you might as well just do a loan from the beginning and save some money. as others have said though this seems to be a good vehicle to just lease a new one every 3 years

Yeah but I want a truck longer than 3 years. I also want to take it wheelin, do some mods, etc. Lease is great if you want to baby it and keep it stock, I don’t.

so then i guess you answered your question a lease isn’t for you

2 Likes