How’s this deal? 2020 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In

I am seeing Nexo as 2,999 + 379 for 36 months. This comes out to be 13644 + 2999 = 16643. I qualify for Clean Vehicle rebate of $4500. Add $7500 from Federal and it’s $4643 for 3 years + tax. So around $129+Tax. This can’t be possible. Please let me know where am I making the mistake.

I was quoted $5200 and $440/mo on the Blue Model of the Nexo-the website doesn’t include tax+license+fees

Also, Federal doesn’t go back to you but the captive/leasing and they pass along into the lease…CVRP could be bumped to $7000 if income qualification is met (lower income adds $2500)

See if you qualify for the income and this Grant of $5000 (free money)

Also, if income is lower CVRP goes up from $4500 to $7000 for FCEV

Those two should bring you down closer to $180-200/mo after all incentives are applied
Also-look into the Honda Clarity-has 20,000 miles/year and will be cheaper per month
Mirai is also cheaper around $425/mo with taxes and 0$ DAS plus when you get all rebates back payment is below $80/mo

I do qualify for both grants since I don’t have much income at the moment. Just savings :slight_smile: so 7500 from the federal would be deducted from the total price reducing the lease amount. Then I will get these two grants. 7000 + 5000 + 599 from smud + 250 bonus drive . So The way I should negotiate is to find the car. Try to reduce the price as much as possible, then focus on lease payments, then apply the 7500 grant and adjust lease payments accordingly. Then apply for these grands and reduce 12849 from the total payments. My total lease cost ( including drive offs) - 12849 would be my cost of ownership over 3 years

The $7500 Federal Credit is already calculated into the lease amounts, so there is no further discounts on that end…

Edison also gives a rebate of $1000 depending on the region/county etc

So, yes negotiating the best selling price is key-then when all offers are applied let them know that you will put $5000 down payment…make sure you are at a participating dealership for the grant though-read on the website and follow the instructions

CVRP you apply after you lease the car and they will send you a check for $7000 back after approval

Thanks. This is good info. I will do a test drive in the morning

I got this e-mail today…
“Hi,
Updated information on the Nexo. Due to COVID19 we are discounting lease prices on the Nexo. Your down will be
$4,200 instead of $6,200.”

Sounds good for the dealer :laughing:.

1 Like

Which dealership is it? Mine one doesn’t sell nexo and gave me 3999 down + 309/month.10/36. It was the basic model and he did said there isn’t any room to negotiate

This was Capitol Hyundai, San Jose, CA

Yep-agreed, that’s why leaning towards the Mirai or Clarity

Did they specify the monthly payment as well ?

Yes, In my previous posts above: $440/mo inclusive of 7.25% tax rate-I’m assuming the same payment as this e-mail didn’t provide anything as to monthly-kinda vague with some dealership responses…

That’s expensive than what’s on their website. Website shows $2999 + $399/month. I am more inclined towards this deal. Need to see if I can make it $0+ $399

I’ve been waiting for the grant since the beginning of this and still waiting… didn’t get accepted or denied yet

Mine was approved today-I applied July 1st
Hope you get yours soon