How long do customer leads last in the system?

Recently negotiated a great lease deal but in the process I had to reach out to a lot of dealers. I was obviously polite and just asked if a deal was possible. I had a range of replies and non-replies. I am sure I was marked as a bad lead in some dealer systems just for asking a big discount.

I was wondering how long these details last in the CRM systems? Do I have to start over with a new email/phone number for the next round a couple of years down the line? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You will stay forever. But the old leads get archived.

If you were nice theirs no need to go in with different info. If it ever comes up just say… “Yup, but I got a better offer and bought my car last time somewhere else.”.

1 Like

Well I guess I’m screwed. I called every Honda dealership in Florida LOL, at least in the Tampa Bay area.

1 Like

I have done the same with emails and phone calls. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I never give a last name until I know the numbers are looking favorable and use another number when calling. When details come together I’ll give them proper information

1 Like

Lesson learned for me, I guess.

Forever. I’ve seen remarks in eleads from years past ranging from “accepted offer from bottom feeder store across town” to “was a real prick, almost put my foot in their ass.”

6 Likes

Most CRMs will have a lot of follow ups scheduled for the first 14 days and then the frequency decreases. Most stores have follow ups set up for 90-180 days if no one marks it as lost or bad (I never do unless someone goes 60-90 days without responding or they tell me they are out of the market). But the details are forever and most CRMs will put out warnings if someone with a similar name/info is re-entered into the system.

Yeah this is basically what I was thinking about.

1 Like

Best one I’ve seen from a high end shop, “Ruthless bargainer, crazed MF”

:chocolate_bar:

3 Likes

People give out actual information when looking for a deal? Every three years when it’s time for a lease I get a new email specifically created for the “project”, a different phone number, and kind of a fake name (sometimes I use a known name in case the dealers decide to look it up or something). Until I narrow it down to a few actual options where I will give out real contact information, and even then it’s a forwarder phone number that I can kill if it gets out of hand.

Will remember this for next time :slight_smile: