How long can we expect these crazy 2020 Bolt deals to last?

I have 5 more months on my current lease and would be $900 underwater if I traded in today according to a Carvana quote I got. I really wanted an EV with my next lease and these Bolt deals look really good. Even with the dealer advertised rates with no haggling, I can get a 2020 Bolt Premier for < $200/mo $0 DAS. If I can expect these deals to last, I’d rather keep my car for a bit so I wouldn’t have to roll in negative equity, but I’d hate to get to the end of my lease, pay the disposition, and be looking at a $300/mo payment or have to give up on my EV dream.

Honestly, nobody knows how long these deals will last. They could continue for months or die on January 31

3 Likes

Where are you seeing $200 Bolt Premier? I can’t get near that in NY!

Even if you roll in the negative it will still be under $230 per month that’s pretty good for a premier haven’t seen one lower.

2 Likes

And people were laughing at me when I said Bolts would lease for under $100 (after incentives) one day!

3 Likes

I’m in AZ. I just did a quick search on CarGurus and plugged the MSRP and dealer offer price into the LH calc with Edmunds forums MF and RV but I didn’t include any incentives because I’m sure the dealer offer price included all of those, clicked Zero Drive Off, and raised the dealer fees to $500 (AZ is ridiculous with dealer fees) and came up with $195/mo after tax. That is with no negotiation. If I roll in $1000 of negative equity it raises to $227.

But I just found out that Honda will still charge the disposition fee if trading into a non-Honda dealer which is…annoying. So that probably raises my negative equity to $1250 at least…$237/mo or I just pay the disposition myself as a sort of “drive-off fee”.

Get a real quote

I will. I just liked to be armed with enough knowledge before I even contact the dealer. I’m not even sure I want to go down the route yet. I have no problems keeping my car until the end, just didn’t want to miss out on, what appears to be, an above-average deal.

Can we see this advertisement? I doubt any dealer would advertise a $200 sign and drive deal.

I’m with you @Identikit It hurts to see all these great deals passing by when you are few month away. I have 3 leases ending mid/later in the year and i am looking for 2 EV leases. Don’t care what make/model. I want the cheapest EV/PHEV lease so i can practically drive for free in Socal. (whole bunch of post sale rebates, free charging at work, time saving with carepool tag. Time is money!!)
It just makes sense to go EV

Sure! Here is one. As I said in another reply, they weren’t advertising the lease price, I just did the math on these two numbers with the MF and RV from Edmunds. No contact with the dealer yet. I might actually bite the bullet and contact them about it. Who knows if I can get close to what Carvana offered on my trade, though.

There is no ad for the mythical sub $200 payment. OP found a cargurus ad with X selling price and used MF and RV from Edmunds and made other assumptions and plugged into lease calculator. Probably failed to account for the nearly $10k in taxed incentives.

I bet I did what you said I did! :laughing: (Can you explain what you mean by taxed incentives?)

Most rebates are taxed, those that are not taxed you treat it like a discount on the sale price if the car.

So for a non car example you pay full price for a TV plus tax minus the rebates after tax.

Yes, you’re right, that’s exactly what I did.

According to Edmunds $8250 lease cash and $2500 dealer cash. So I just added $10,750 back into the sales price and added the lease cash amount to “Taxed Incentives” and $2500 into “Untaxed Incentives” and now I get $218/mo.

Interested in a Bolt in AZ myself. Talked to one dealer that was able to get to $308 all in, zero DAS, with 15k miles, but that was on an LT. Would like to see what you come up with.
Honestly, I really don’t like the Bolt but it would get me in the HOV lane and the range for that price is excellent. If it was under $250 for 15k miles it would be hard to walk away from. Or I might hold out for the Mini as I think there’s a good chance of getting it under $150 and I’d much rather drive that. Plus, that would leave me more money to throw at a cheap Tundra lease for weekend fun.

I believe the $2500 Dealer Cash is for GM suppliers so not everyone will qualify.

where’s the 2500 dealer cash? looking at edmunds right now and i see 8250 lease cash, 1400 cap cost reduction.

doesn’t edmunds say 03/05/2020 for the 8250 dealer cash?

I got $2265 off msrp and then $8500+$1500 loyalty(Volt)+$2500 dealer cash on a purchase not lease 2020 LT. Don’t know if that dealer cash applies to leases as well. I probably could have done better but I’m fine with the deal I got