(How) Lease with third party bank instead of automotive mfg.'s financial arm?

Hackrs,

I’ve been looking into signing a new lease. One thing in my consideration is the lease-transfer option, that is the lease contract’s terms on whether I could transfer my lease to another qualified individual with some part / months of the lease still remaining.

I’ve learned much about it and it seems that not all, in fact only some of the financial arms of vehicle mfg companies allow this sort of transfer. That limits my leasing options by almost half as I want that option. I have seen though, that there are some banks which offer leases on vehicles, which are independent / third-party banks such as US Bank, Ally, etc… so I’m wondering, what are the advantages of leasing through one of these 3rd party banks and how do I go about it? I.e. is there some hack where a mfg’s financial arm doesn’t allow lease transfers, like Hyundai, but if I were to lease the same Hyundai through US Bank, I could get similar/same terms but with the lease transfer option?

I gather / assume this may still depend on/ change according to each specific institution, just like for mfg’s financial arms, and can find that info on swapalease, but conversely will these third party banks lease any brand car? Or where could I reference that info. Will they match or even outcompete the original terms offered by the mfg’s financial arm? & Once I’ve found the car I want to lease, how can I lease it with that company and not the mfg’s financial arm?

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lease a manual?