How is your new ride?

This thread is going nowhere and will probably need to be closed soon; slow mode until then. @Eric51 you need to find a more productive use of your time here or a different site where people enjoy endless, useless arguments as much as you do.

11 Likes

Me confused. What are we arguing about in this thread. I did read all 76 posts btw

5 Likes

If you ignore eric, there’s only 43 posts. Glad to know I didn’t miss anything by ignoring almost half (!) the posts…

4 Likes

@max_g Note that with very few exceptions most of this thread is highjacked by off-topic comments and assertions about Audi Q5 being the same or better car than Porsche Macan and etc., so in the same vein I would suggest that those LH’rs who engage in futile and unproductive off-topic arguments with @Eric51 would allow instead new car lessees to share their experiences and post about their new rides here.
P.S. By all means LH veterans can continue battling a “boogeyman” @Eric51 in their Meme Lounge, just no need to bring it to every thread where @Eric51 posts.

3 Likes

It’s bc we love you @Eric51

3 Likes

Title says: How is your new ride?
Subject is really: Eric51’s Treatise on the Porsche Macan

Most of which was discussed (and meme’ed) in 2021:

But would probably be better discussed among like-minds:

https://www.macanforum.com/forums/

And it may be October, but it’s never to early to consider what you might get Eric as a holiday gift

https://www.upwork.com/hire/copy-editors/

Since I am unqualified to comment on the “Tiguan in Couture” and I muted this thread after post #1

Over It Goodbye GIF by TalkShopLive

3 Likes

Another off-topic, stupid, ad hominem comment. But mods will surely find fault with my reply rather than off topic comment.

1 Like

My most recent ride was aight.

Pros:

• high HP
  • low TCO (for me)
  • handled like it was on rails, amazing :fire:

Cons:

• limited access, can’t park it in my garahge
  • there were some strange substances near my seat, not sure what that was all about.

overall, 6/9, would maybe do again when I need to get home from the airport. pick for reference:

6 Likes

Lol I lived in San Francisco. I have no idea what a clean public transit system looks like.

2 Likes

Hey look, its the same ride that @drdvrgs is on since he can’t do what 99% of cars on the road can, fill or charge up!

3 Likes

Public transportation >>

1 Like

BART wasn’t awful when I lived there in 2009. I don’t know if I’d want to see it now…

The last time I rode BART was in 2019…

Trying to board at Montgomery, there was a 300 pound homeless woman on a wheelchair. Her foot was basically rotting and leaking black liquid. She was probably sitting in a month’s worth of her own sh*t. The entire area near her was empty because every unfortunate idiot trying to board a BART train was crammed as far away from the stench as possible. No joke, that woman was dying a horrid protracted torturous death in real time.

Then when that BART passed through Fruitvale station some kids ran on and stole people’s iPhones/laptops. One woman got punched in the face so the perp could get her iPhone.

https://www.bart.gov/news/articles/2019/news20190528

And they wonder why people don’t ride that thing. I’d pay for a Jeep Compass @ $500 monthlies over riding BART ever again.

Sounds like a lot of posters here own or lease the public transportation system in their town of residence. I bet these guys are also good at selling a Brooklyn bridge.

1 Like

Country Music 2018 Cmas GIF by CMA Awards

2 Likes

It’s funny how AG’s refuse to prosecute and judges give only a slap on the wrist (when charges finally are brought) in those ‘librul’ run cities to criminals that seem to be in cahoots with LEO (who are probably ‘confidential informers’, while boasting a street-cred and simultaneous ability to commit multiple felonies and stay out of prison after 5 arrests in a row, and continue roaming streets until they commit multiple murders). And then police will ‘walk trains’ and advise public to be on ‘lookout’ for ‘thieves’ (“Be afraid, be very afraid!”). Call this ‘conspiracy theory’ but it seems like LEO and criminals are just working together in those ‘librul’ run areas and make money together by victimizing the idiots who vote for the local guvmint that enables criminals to terrorize them. One more reason to stay out of ‘librul’ run places. In Red/Repub jurisdictions you get your gun (don’t even need a permit for it) and a right to carry it with you anywhere you go, with the right to stand your ground. And there is not enough crime in properly run jurisdictions (where cops are not crooked) to even feel a need to carry a piece.

Mods, if this thread will be another “Meme Lounge” to bring off-topic clowning to this thread, please don’t hesitate to close it in couple of days. I would still ask to leave it open until then, perhaps genuine members of public who leased their cars recently will share their stories here like @cahrens did. Thank you.

1 Like

Close this thread…it’s become pointless and nobody wants to hear Eric aimlessly rant anymore about everything under the sun.

3 Likes

Enjoy the Macan and welcome to the fam. Even though you only have a 4 banger. I kid. PDK makes up for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I really enjoy my BMW I4 e40. I’ve had it for 3 months now and driving it up and down Florida for work.

I’m still trying to find a negative with it besides the Range Anxiety… but that’s life for now.

I think going forward I will stay with BMW Sedans and hope they continue to make strong improvements to the EV lineup.

3 Likes

Thank you! Good to be a part of Porsche family :slight_smile:

4-banger doesn’t necessarily mean lame (Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 comes to mind).
As to base Macan, I won’t be a primary driver of this car, I took into consideration wishes of my wife who actually will be driving it. But I am already eyeing S, which has the same V6 engine as GTS, and with little tuning by JB1 piggyback gets amazing 0-60 , 20-80 and 1/4 results.