How is this deal?

You must be driving a S90 then, because that is the only car… that we could do that on.

As for the deal… I have never dealt with Range Rover so I don’t know the margins and or structure. Someone gave me a contact for a GSM for a store here in sfl and the guy gave me what seems to be 7% off without asking I guess as a professional courtesy.

1 Like

I am in an S90, however, I’ve seen better than 1% on plenty of other models. Definitely not into the .5-.6% range on a 24/15 though like the S90s.

Alas, as far as Velars go, this seems rather high compared to the other velar leases that have been posted on here. They certainly don’t lease well though in general. What lease terms was this for?

@Bostoncarconcierge has a P380 HSE-R Dynamic listed for about the same monthly on a 36/10, despite a $22k higher MSRP.

1 Like

I second that emotion. There is almost no value in proclaiming the payment is 1/100th of MSRP. Some cars great, some horrible. The spectrum is so wide it’s useless.

:bat:

2 Likes

You won’t do well here then. But, like I said before, you need to register in order to do business here anyway.

1 Like

7% is generally their markup and holdback (RR), but time on the books is a hell of a motivator to get metal gone.

This forum is about going beyond average though.

1 Like

Many people also don’t negotiate on leases, I don’t think the 1% rule is all that hard to get for most vehicles, I would say it’s obtainable on a lot more than 10% in theory but whether it happens more than or less than 10% of the time is hard to judge.

The 1% rule is a general way to measure a lease from my understanding, though it can be manipulated (i.e. stuff like porsche isn’t going to fit 1% while something like a 50k bmw can get near the .5% mark, in theory it’s a good way to measure apples to oranges but that’s all it will ever be, measuring across differing situations.

The problem is there’s no standard for what people are talking about for 1%. Is it 36 months? 24? 7500 miles? 15k miles? Before tax or after? Sign and drive or only drive offs?

It’s a useless number that isn’t based on anything.

1 Like

Except for BMW…Lol

While most of what you said is 100% true, I would go out on a limb and say most people think a standard term under warranty 24/36 x 10k miles with standard driveoffs (1st month payment + doc fee + tag, etc. etc. so roughly $1k)

Like I said it’s apples to oranges but it’s the best way to measure apples to oranges currently, I don’t think it’s a rule to live and die by however it’s a somewhat accurate rule for most vehicles that aren’t a pickup truck, muscle car, sports car, or exotic car, I haven’t seen very many van deals as well so loop that in I guess. And yes I see it’s non applicable in a lot of categories but it works in more categories than not. There are always exceptions to the rule it just seems like the 1% has a lot more than typical.

Maybe just look at the poll results and don’t make assumptions?

1 Like

still salty huh, how many deals do you see that are 0 das? Never found it practical to say 1% rule and then have 0 das which typically nobody does. Sound logic tho.

I have gotten 1% on numerous brands with zero due at signing. Just because most people get ripped off doesn’t mean it’s not possible to the leasing educated.

It’s actually fairly easy to get 1% on 90% of brands. If you can’t do it, you aren’t taking enough time or just aren’t good at negotiating.

Let’s not listen to people that work at a dealer on here, because in most my experience, I walk in knowing more than the staff when it comes to leasing

2 Likes

I agree. 1% with absolute zero sign off is possible. Its just that you have to try hard and have patience

1 Like

Why would I be salty? I have no idea who you are and what you are talking about. I just pointed to the poll results that show what the majority here think about 1%.
You went on a limb to say what majority think, I showed the poll. Simple.

1 Like

Not trying to attract business. Just like to answer questions and have discussion. I run a store.

You mention S90, are you a Volvo dealer?

Bc if you are, and you’re saying rarely does anyone lease one for less than 1%, I’d recommend searching this forum, as I think this community rarely leases a Volvo for over 1% here.

And I agree, the 1% rule is stupid and far from Apples to Apples, even when looking at two different vehicles from the same brand. If you know the market on a specific car very well, you’ll know where your deal stacks up.

1 Like

How’s that not attracting business?

But your first hand knowledge would definitely help here.

If people don’t negotiate on leases then they deserve to get burned…

In every single dealership it’s quite simple how they negotiate.

1st offer: msrp plus incentives “maybe”, heavily marked up money factor

2nd offer: normal discount includes incentives, marked up money factor still

3rd offer: maybe correct money factor, dealer will say oh look at my sheet, we are taking a loss blah blah.

This happens in probably 95% of dealerships across the country. Why wouldn’t you negotiate a bad deal?

1 Like

I agree, but most people outside of this site don’t put the time or effort into learning how leases work, and counter point would be if people don’t get burned by dealerships we probably don’t get unicorns.

It’s sad it has to be that way but it is what it is.