How does this lease look on a Q50

His personal preference/opinion is the only one that matters apparently. Furthermore, he’s getting overly defensive over various opinions of people as well as facts on various aspects of the q50.

Fact…car may look + run great, but it’s built on a 17 year old platform. Fact, the 3.0 is rated at 20-29, meaning 15-20 is not out of the question for local driving.

Funny enough, he’s ragged on BMW + Audi only after searching for one + getting “bad” quotes.

Bottom line, he’s a young, early 20 something kid who knows it all. You’ll never win with him.

1 Like

Some just can’t let go of the past, imagine driving around Brighton Beach in a ~1990 Maxima, windows down, Russian pop blasting, girls are easy. What a life it was!

2 Likes

QX60 has a 3.5L engine with a CVT. Older Q50 has a 3.7L engine with an automatic transmission. They are very diffferent. I had a 2015 Q50 and got terrible mileage as well, ~17mpg.

Nothing to check. My Q50 lease ended a few months ago.

The QX60 and Q50 do not use the same engine. QX has the less powerful VQ35DE, which should get better has mileage.

The Q50’s atrocious fuel economy is well known. It’s not a big deal. Get over it man. So sad you keep harping on this. I leased the thing knowing how bad the fuel economy would be, but to some people it will be a big negative.

The only benefit to the Infiniti in my opinion is how cheap it can be had. The Q50 RS can be had pretty cheap compared to its competition.

Not sure what state you’re in, but this guy in NY/NJ is offering a $44k MSRP Q50 for $279/mo and $2113 in drives, effectively $333/mo. He’s showing 15% off MSRP + $2500 in incentives. You’re only getting 10% off MSRP. Check Edmunds forums for the Q50 to see how much incentives are being offered in your state and go from there. Anyhow, you can do better. Good luck.

Very different engines. QX60 has a smaller engine and absolutely different CVT transmission. So, yeah it is a very bad comparison.

I got an offer of $465 on Q50 12K/39 zero down. Only got 1000 Conquest. The car has essential and proassist. Thoughts? Retail $44,060 Adjusted price: $37,838. Balance after taxes docs and fees: $40,200

1 Like

I can be a fanboy of what I want, like others on here.

Did you look up my credit?

You are really confident in your statements.

Why do you care about my age? We are talking about cars. Let’s not go into personal details, this is a car forum.

If a person can afford a 400-600/mo payment, they can get anything, matter of taste. Those who get Infiniti’s, like them.

So reliability, design, performance, are not benefits? Is that correct?

(P.S - Q50 is still more than the 3 series, lease wise, which I see on the market place for 270-350/mo and not far from 4 cylinder A4 prices). You see that many more go for the Q50 than the A4, since it is just such a nicer car for the value.

I don’t see many 3 series going for 300 a month or less… either way, the Q50 is the “cheap” option among its competition.

400 to 600 a month cannot get anything someone may want… I want an Audi S5 Sportback for 500 to 600, never gonna happen.

1 Like

Way to miss the joke because of your blind Nissan fanboyism. Heil Ghosn.

1 Like

Thanks. I stand corrected.

I thought the Q50 v6 was born out of similar base engine (The VQ35DE series) with displacement and power being different and CVT. But it is a whole lot heavier too - approx 400-500 lbs. I am sure there 1000 other things that affect the mileage too but 17-18 mpg should be easily doable.

i come off owning a G35 and G37 and never saw this low when driving in city. While going to lease QX60, i was picked up by the sales person who owned a Q50 too, the 2015 one and he was happy with fuel economy that he got (IIRC he said something like 21-22 mpg mixed). He had it modified too so i m sure if it was in low 10s, he would have mentioned it.

But glad you are out of the lease so you don’t have to worry about the fuel economy.

You realize how advanced the Maxima was for 1990s…a digital speedometer, V6.

That was all the rage back in the late 80s/early 90s. Digital Speedos were in tons of cars.

I was there…I know.

Free market, and I get what I want. Unhappy, get something else.

Not sure what digital about it. image

1 Like

Not even the freakin’ odometer . . . FWIW Vettes (et al) had digital speedos in 1984.

20692120015_large