How does the deal look on a Jeep Gladiator, intend to finalize it on Monday

I have 3 months left on my current lease, so I could wait and disappear the negative equity, but this number keeps my current payment about the same. The buy out in the new lease is about 32K, should I pull the trigger or wait?
10,000 mile lease, 0$ down, $434 per month

Market Value Selling Price 46,705.00
Discount 4,908.00
Rebate 2,000.00
Cash Down Adjusted Price 39,797.00
Trade Allowance 22,500.00
Trade Difference 17,297.00
Taxable Fees (Estimated) 695.00
Dealer Doc 998.00
Tax 45.18
Non Tax Fees 467.50
Net Price 19,502.68
Trade Payoff 24,629.00
Balance 44,131.68

on this truck, https://www.lakelanddodge.com/inventory/1C6JJTAG7LL188041/

Post numbers in thread and calculator link.

We want to help, but we really don’t want to do homework.

1 Like

Done, sorry, I though it uploaded on the first try.

No worries!

Reply when posted.

2 Likes

This is based off Market Value Selling Price? What’s the actual MSRP? Are they marking it up?

1 Like

Are you rolling $2000 in negative equity on trade in? Why?

Also, how much are the payments on the Silverado?

1 Like

Why eat 3 payments for no reason?

What’s MF?

Looks as though you don’t drive very much. Might be more financially advisable to purchase CPO or new with 0% financing depending on the purchase incentives. You’re paying for a lot of miles that you won’t use.

1 Like

MSRP 46,705.00

Payments on the Silverado are $443, I don’t have any great reason to not wait out the current lease, except they seem very motivated, and the Specific truck they have is almost exactly the specs I want, and I have a few days off and playing with a new car gives me something to do.

Am I eating the payments? as I understand it I keep paying just on a different truck? You are correct that I don’t drive very much, but I don’t want to hold on to this thing for very long, looking forward to the Cybertruck or an EV, I have prior to the Silverado, I had EV’s and it sucks going back to IC, just happen to need a truck.

You are rolling in over $2100 in negative equity when just returning it would cost you $1329+disposition fee?

1 Like

Excellent point, salesmen should have pointed that out, and I should have caught it, something was nagging at me. Should I be able to get them to eat the $1,300?

Being $2100 or the 3 payments left of $443x3($1329+disposition fee) the dealer is in no way “eating” it. That negative equity/payments are still getting paid by you. It’s just getting baked into your new deal.

2 Likes

Dont know what Carvana, Vroom, Shift, Carmax will offer on your silverado but maybe theres a chance they will offer something close to your payoff. Check online to see what your truck is worth

1 Like

7% off invoice on this MSRP comes out to $41,734, you are at $41,797 if I understand your data correctly. This is a very good price. Without MF or RV hard to comment on the purchase beyond that but I had a much lesser equipped Sport S quote at a $399 so you gotta be close. Do you know if they are using FCA, US Bank or Ally?

Truecar is offering an extra $500 incentive. Also there is a Jeep celebration event which can add another $500 (invite only). So maximum possible rebate is $3000 although I couldn’t find a dealer who would do 7% below invoice and honor that extra $1000 rebate.

1 Like

If you click the link, it shows the “Everyone price” $40,658, so they are at greater than 7% without my negative equity and before the first salvo of negotiation, I also have the Tread Lightly letter, so it seems they are very motivated. I have been tracking some at dealerships that have been on the lot 4 plus months, I even stumbled on a launch edition a few weeks ago. Do you know how to get an invite for the celebration event? Oh, and I don’t know what bank, havent been to the dealership yet, everythign has been by phone and email.

Definitely check out Carvana, VROOM, Carmax etc.

If you get less than this and they can buy out the car, then do that and push for more discount on the Jeep.

1 Like

The fine print for the “everyone price” says “New vehicle pricing includes all offers and incentives” So…yeah…I’m a little skeptical about that price. I haven’t seen any data here or on gladiator forums suggesting better then 7% off invoice is possible. That said it’s a good price as-is so I hope you can break the 7% ceiling!

I got the celebration event offer by building a gladiator on jeep.com and then selecting a primary dealer. The offer came from the primary dealer with a personal code. I had so much fun driving around w/ the top down today. Loving my Sport so far.

1 Like

I still haven’t gone forward with anything, but am now considering this deal as a purchase, I feel like I can do better, but really appreciate your input. MSRP is $49,390.00, so using my affiliate number (Tred Lightly) and every discount they say they can give me, they are at $44,190+++ which will bring you to $48,041.17 financed: $12k down…60mths 3.4% $660mth No payment for 90 days!

Why not wait a couple of months? If I were in your shoes, I would not be financing a brand new car and negative equity, during these unpredictable times.

If you can put $12k down on a brand new car, why not use some of that cash to pay off the negative equity?

1 Like