How do salesman afford to drive the cars they're selling?

Seriously? They marked up the TRD PRO for employees? This doesn’t sound like a great incentive for the people that sell the vehicles…

Yep crazy but thats the policy

1 Like

Hence said employees probably get their cars from competitors, ha!

1 Like

I worked for an Infiniti dealer a couple of years ago, and got a one day unicorn deal on a 2017 QX30 Premium ($41k msrp) with $1500 down for $246 a month for 15k mi/year. This was right before the end of Infiniti’s fiscal year so the programs were stupid good, and I ended up getting over 10k off MSRP and a tier bump.

In december I was offered a nicely loaded RS400 for $400 but passed since didn’t want to pay for the insurance hike.

So I’d say it depends on how long you’ve worked at a dealership and what the manufacturer programs are live.

In what year did you lease the 2019 QX30? I’m guessing it’s a typo to say “a couple of years ago.”

My mistake. It was a typo. I leased a 2017 QX30 in April 2017.

how is rs400 driving experience? im thinking about to get 2019 rs400.

I’ve heard it’s like driving a regular Q50, but with more power. Transmission tuning could use a little attention as well and dynamic steering is vague.

1 Like

Thanks for the info

I test drove one and agree it was fast but very floaty

1 Like

Actually heard it was better to get the RS optioned without the dynamic steering. The regular steering was adequate enough for the car.

No joke, had a co-worker go down the street for a used car cause that dealership was selling very similar vehicle for like 2,000 less than we offered based off company policy.

1 Like

Plenty of people, get at invoice or below. Pretty rare that we make any front gross on a new car. Now that is coming from a salesmen prospective. I do not get paid on the hold back whatever amount that may be.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Worst leases you’ve seen

Yikes!

Bad payplan…

I get paid on it but i give that away too. :crazy_face:

I am aware, minis all day long lol

1 Like

Wow, that’s terrible…

Employee pricing are very attractive. I remember leasing a $63k S4 for $550 including tax with just my signature.

1 Like

Out of curiosity? On a, lets say, $45,000 C300, what would 15% of gross profit come too approximately? If you’re a decent salesman and there’s a couple grand of profit then you can be pretty comfortable,but, I assume there was no base salary and its all incentive driven?