How bad did I do?

This was my first lease. Not sure if I did okay. Thanks.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 Lincoln MKC Select AWD

**MSRP: $**40,975.00 (Includes $500 New England All Wheel Drive Discount)
**Selling Price: $**38,960.00
**Monthly Payment: $**531.62 ($446.50 + $53.85 MA Excise Tax + $31.27 MA Sales Tax)
**Cash Due at Signing: $**1234.62 (Also added $2,370.11 from part of my trade in)

**MSD: N/A
Incentives: $2250 ($1000 Lincoln AFS, $750 Private Mailer, and $500 Competitor)

**Months:**36
**Annual Mileage:**18,000
MF: .0009
Residual:$20737.50

Region: Massachusetts

I traded in an 2017 Ford Escape SE with 33,000 miles. They gave me $14,320 which is around KBB for trade ins in this area. I used $2370.11 of that into the lease and took the rest in cash. So I am not sure if they inflated my trade. Who knows?

Not good, but could have been worse I suppose. Barely got a discount off MSRP. Check here before signing next time

3 Likes

1.5%…I just can’t…

Enjoy your new car and please consider checking the deal here before signing on the next go around.

Why ask after the fact?

4 Likes

What does 1.5% mean? I am assuming you mean discount percentage.

I didn’t really know the site existed.

Best not to ask after you sign… just enjoy you car for the time you have it and next time ask before you sign.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for the advice! Now that I know this site exist I will use the information here in 3 years when I have to negotiate a new lease. This site is a wealth of information. This was my first lease and the lesson has be learned.

Do dealerships really give you lease offers over the phone? The dealerships around here want to have you come in to get a price.

Yes, and over email too. I got a 2012 Fusion from Sentry in Medford, and we did it over the phone (I did live around the corner, though) and email, even back then.

You needed more of a discount and at 18k a year you need to pick vehicles with top notch resale values. Enjoy!

Doesn’t necessarily have to be a vehicle with high resale value, only one with higher residuals. Some manufacturers will inflate their RV regardless of real world market value.

4 Likes

This. I’d also be looking at lease swaps where the original lessee is way under miles.

3 Likes

shameless plug:
My transfers have a lot of miles available. :wink: