Hottest Hack Consolidation Threads

When deals come along like the LT1, ETron, Bolt, 4xe, is there a method we could use for consolidation so all relevant threads and data points live in the same general area?

5 Likes

I guess a new category can be created that only mods can re-assign existing threads to.

I saw the offending content, and trust me I get it. I’m not quite understanding the ask:

• as we identify a hot hack, consolidate everything about that one car into one, very noisy thread?
  • for people asking, “where XX cheap lease deals?”, create a master post and then link to all of the many questions?
  • all of this still suffers from the same problem: getting a user to scroll up/back, even one post

But appreciate the suggestion. I’ve been thinking about updating some reply templates based on what’s changed in the past month.

2 Likes

To be honest I hadn’t thought through a solution just yet.

Just identifying that there is a problem and it clogs the forum. Trying to think of any method for reducing the noise.

2 Likes

:100: :100: :100: :100:

1 Like

You mean my 1600+ post thread isn’t workable?

6 Likes

I don’t mind that!

It’s the other threads / posts outside of it that ask and answer questions already residing there lol

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Just linked 2 from today I saw but I know there are so many more

1 Like

The many variations are “I am not able to reproduce the Jeep 4xe deal myself in (market with no inventory known for bad deals)”

1 Like

Do we think a wiki thread in the FAQ section could work for this?

2 Likes

I envision a major thread with sub threads in a sub section.

Main a thread : Hey guys I got a cheap wrangler
Sub thread : oh I want one
Sub sub thread : Me too dealer won’t do it
Sub sub sub thread : I’m to lazy to read above spoon feed me

4 Likes

Maybe there can be a single sticky thread at the top of the shared deals with the links of all the recent popular deals such as posted in the first post. Only one member can add deals there and no one else can post.

This might avoid having 200 how can I find a cheap Wrangler threads.

I agree there should be a thread for GT3RS hacks

9 Likes
3 Likes

Haha I appreciate the linking :joy::joy: but to get myself some credit I’m not looking for help getting a deal. Just asking about delivery times.

Seriously.

If I wanted to read a bunch of threads about cars people are leasing, I’d join a car leasing forum.

3 Likes

2 Likes

There is. One and only one. Feel free to edit the title if you want.

1 Like

Ya, but nobody actually reads it.

1 Like