Horrible car buying decision - any advice appreciated

Lets get a current value of your car .
What is the $ amount you can afford to pay monthly.? Seems like $660 is what you paying now.

BTW Russel Westbrook leased me a Hyundai Kona EV Limited for $108/month. So they are bad ā€˜nowā€™ but not always.

1 Like

Go inā€¦ where?

Donā€™t go anywhere or do anything without laying out your plan here.

7 Likes

Agreeā€¦ before you sign any other paperā€¦
Check with folks here they can help you so you can make a wise decision.

1 Like

You can also take pics of your contract and send/pm it to a TH (trusted hacker) and we can edit out your personal info, before posting it for closer examination.

1 Like

Think contract is posted in the OP.

1 Like

California is the most consumer friendly state with regards to cancelling extended warranties and service contracts. The documents you signed are required to contain information about you cancellation rights and how to cancel them. After 30 days on used cars, you are entitled to a pro rata refund.

Ahā€¦ didnā€™t catch that! Cheers

@Shayshay - As far as the car itself, did the dealership steer you towards it or did you pick it out yourself? I am just baffled that you will buy a car with that many miles on it. Did you look at other cars at another dealership?

Have you seen their prices now :sweat_smile:

Yup, 2 months after I bought my car they went and added 10k adm, one of the first OMG dealers.

1 Like

I can confirm from past experience that this is one of the most crooked dealers around. The sales guy will work out a certain deal on the car. The finance team will make you wait around for hours then rush you once you get into the office.

My experience was years ago where they tried to switch some of the numbers and rush the paperwork. It looks like theyā€™re still pulling the same shenanigans on inexperienced buyers. Sorry to hear and hope it works out for you.

1 Like

They steered me toward this one because I was looking for a car that was good on gas since I drive a lot. The issue was how fast I needed a car and I went in with no prep, I just needed a car to move out ASAP.

Please do not remove your GAP insurance.

Also, are you okay with paying this amount every month for your vehicle? I know we are all jumping down on how bad of a deal this was but besides the interest rate, the vehicle and all the added bs, what are you trying to get out of it?

• make the most out of this transaction?
  • affordability concerns / less monthly payment?

Sorry for your situation, but you could have just rented a car for a week or two, no? Still better than making an expensive purchase unprepared.

1 Like

When you Refi you should have another chance to add GAP and you can cancel exisiting gap

2 Likes

The plan is to go back to the dealership and get the extra charges removed. The monthly payments are too high.

You can buy GAP insurance through auto insurance companies. Assuming you can legally cancel the expensive policy you bought, get quotes from auto insurance companies, and see if it is less expensive.

2 Likes

The goal is to remove the extra charges, fix the problems and hopefully lower the monthly payment somehow because I know well enough that my credit was not that low. My landlord ran it just days prior at 671. That interest rate is just too high.

Dont think it works like that. Once the contract is signed and its already 30 days no recourse.
You have to work individually with each provider to cancel it and get a refund. E.g maintenance contract with the company.