Honda Odyssey Sport Swap Lease trade

2500 down not 12k

$12500 down, not $2500.

You paid for it with $2500 in cash and $10,000 in 2019 Odyssey.

4 Likes

No need to go and back and forth about the numbers. Enjoy the minivan.

1 Like

A lot of high fives and wolf of Wall Street memes being exchanged in that leasing office.

2 Likes

You’re right. We really shouldn’t run with that $10k equity number

1 Like

I think some back and forth can you useful for OP when they next get a car and for any other random person who happens to stumble upon this thread.

I do agree that OP shouldn’t beat themselves up for something that cannot be changed.

2 Likes

I think that this part of the exchange is being overlooked. Did they BUY your car, or did they just “take care of it” meaning grounding it at a Honda dealer? If they bought it, it should have been listed as a trade on your new lease paperwork with a value assigned to it. If they just “took care of it” and dropped it off for you somewhere then you could be on the hook for that mileage overage they called you about. Id go over your paperwork carefully and determine what actually happened. Taking the trade out of the equation, what prompted you to feel that paying almost double per month to lease a new minivan was a good idea when you probably could have just bought the one you already had for significantly less?

It does not appear OP is receptive to construtive criticism, hence my comment.

At this point, we are just beating a dead horse by pointing out to OP that this was a terrible deal.

2 Likes

Mind elaborating ?

Was this a leasing broker? Who was the “leasing company” and where did you pick up the car?

If you wouldn’t mind sharing the name of the company so we can get a better idea of who did this to you.

1 Like

Posts like these make me feel like I should open my own dealership.

8 Likes

Let’s give the horse another beating shall we ? What kind of deal is it if by your own definition he took 10 k equity for the “deal” ?

Look my friend it sounds like you got a beating and have come here to confirm how bad it is or to commiserate…

All these words “deal” “took care of it” are the price you pay for not whipping out a calculator

2 Likes

Hey guys I’m located in NYC, I leased a 2023 Honda Odyssey about 2 months ago, I’m paying $699 a month for 10k miles a year, officially “cheap” since the broker took my old car and gave me a good deal on this one. My old car was a 2019 Honda Odyssey EX with 45,000 miles a little over mileage. I put down $2,500+$699+$1,200 since he claimed it was over mileage and we did agree beforehand that he wouldn’t charge for that, he had my credit card on file and just charged me. I was going to cancel the transaction but he threatened me to cancel the whole deal after I received the car and was going to take it back and I would loose money so I kept it and then posted a review on google and threatened me about that too and told me to take it down. It came the time to pay my monthly lease and I found out that the Honda dealer where the car was from had an issue with the contracts and I had to resign it and send it back which I did, but it still hasn’t arrived at Honda Finacial yet. Is there anything I can do to get out of this car since the contract isn’t in their system and the fact that I feel I got scammed by the broker and the Honda dealer by them overcharging me so much?

Not re-signing was your best way out.

Who’s the broker?

2 Likes

Not anyone on leasebacks I would rather not mention it in public can you private message me

Dang you could’ve backed out if you didn’t re-sign it.

Shoots, is there a way to cancel it or something since it didn’t reach Honda yet

Call the dealer, see if they will unwind it. That’s all you got left.

1 Like

You’ve posted before about this, no need to start another thread.

1 Like

The dealer sent it to Honda already

You’re hosed, enjoy the car and come here before you sign a terrible deal next time. I see that you were on here quite a bit but you never posted the full details of your current deal before signing(don’t see any info on your trade equity), so not much we can do. And you might have been given an opportunity to escape but you already blew that when you signed again.

6 Likes