Honda Odyssey EX-L for $399/36mo/12k/0down/0drive-offs)

You go to carvana, tfs and the lease calculator

You need to get your payoff

If your lease is through Toyota financial you can call them and ask for it or you can login to their portal and find it there

Once you have the payoff post it here and we can actually assess the deal and keep you from getting hosed

1 Like

You need the payoff on the Rav4. If its TFS you can log into your account to get it.

Without the trade information, thereā€™s no way to know if this is anywhere near the same deal (ignoring if it even is a good deal based on current programs). Thatā€™s the point and you know it.

Der. Iā€™m starting to pick up what you fellas are putting down.

Pay off amount is 18,811

Trade in is $23,023

MSRP of leased car is: 39,580

What now?

Compare against purchase quotes from carvana/shift/vroom/algo and see what, if any, equity you have

Where is this number from?

Thanks. So in this case my equity is $4212 (?)

Damn, that much equity in a Rav4?

Go sell that immediately to Carvana and pocket a few grand.

Negotiate the odyssey completely separately at a different dealer

Assuming youā€™re pulling the right numbers, itā€™d appear so. Thatā€™d make your lease here actually more like $525/mo rather than $399

Any tax burden in Cali?

No trade in credit for taxes in ca if thatā€™s what youā€™re asking.

1 Like

Idk. San Diego tax is 7.75%

100% take your trade in and sell it to Carvana (or Vroom/Shift) and put the $4000+ in your pocket.

Now you can get real quotes that arenā€™t secretly taking advantage of your trade in.

I do Odyssey leases all the time and I can give you a quote as well

3 Likes

Oh damn. Well neither of these offers started with the trade in in mind. One dealer got to 419 without any discussion of it.

No wonder theyā€™re eager to take it off your hands.

I know right. Thanks again yā€™all for helping me see the light lol.

I think I can use this to negotiate for more. :crossed_fingers:

Iā€™ll let you know

So they didnt know you were trading in a rav4, or not?

Iā€™d step back, get some solid numbers in front of you for selling your current vehicle and put together a solid target for where youā€™re trying to get to, then reach out to new dealers. These deals are done. Iā€™d also compare your negotiation targets to what @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto has to offer and possibly save yourself the time and effort.

2 Likes

So you had two dealers get in a bidding war, with no real understanding or knowledge of your situation? Only to step back and do nothing. And you chose to broadcast it on the internet.

Great plan. A lot of productivity. Wasted.