Honda lease up - what to do next?

Honda Pilot lease is up soon. Went to see about leasing a new Pilot and have no desire for one now!

I don’t have a clean Carfax. I was hit a few months after I got the Pilot. Damage was done to the driver door. All repairs were done at the Honda dealership. Wasn’t my fault and it really sucks how it hurts you when it comes to trade ins!

I’m also over my mileage by 4200 miles and I assume I will be charged if I turn it in for excessive wear and tear. There are a few dings on the doors and scratches. When I say ding, I mean very small. 2 nickel sized dings. Scratches aren’t deep. No issues with the interior.

So with all this crap, will anyone even want the Pilot? (Brokers or 3rd party dealers who can do it). There are several dealers owned by the Honda dealership - I guess these are called sister dealerships?!

I’m looking to get an Atlas, Armada or CX-90 Phev. Random I know, but those are 3 I really liked.

Purchase price of my Honda is $29k. I’m located in Kentucky.

From what I recall, Honda does not allow third party buyouts.
You can go here and try your luck:

I’m also over my mileage by 4200 miles

How much does your contract say you will be charged for overage? If it is $0.20/mile, then it is $840 out of pocket.

Sounds like normal wear and tear. Maybe you wouldn’t be charged for that.

CX-90 Phev

A few months ago CX-90 was leasing well. You can search here:

2 Likes

I thought you could get around the no 3rd party lease if you go to a dealership in network with Honda? Example: In Cincinnati we have Jeff Wyler Honda, Jeff Wyler Nissan, and several other brands.

I’m new and could be totally wrong!

1 Like

I would definitely buy the new Pilot instead of leasing an Atlas or Armada.

Yes. A Honda dealership should be able to buyout your Honda. There are also several entities which can process a payoff through a Honda or Acura dealership. Like e.g., Autonation might be able to. Or the EquityHackr here:

1 Like

Extend the lease, you can keep your monthly payment the same, just have to pay the tax up front, extend it for 6 month’s

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.