Honda Clarity Lease vs Purchase Question

Yeah the Bolt is really a second car, but it’s so cheap you can go lease something else too, or two of them(Bolts)… Lol

The Bolt does transport 5 people around town comfortable, which is surprising.

One odd thing about the Clarity…it’s a boat…I mean it’s longer than a Pilot.

Looks like the Pilot is 3 or 4 inches longer, so yeah no. The clarity is accord size, so not small by any means

I’d consider this a plus though. Not many vehicles of this size available for under $20k nowadays. This would also be a great commuter car (great mpg and carpool access).

Oh I was looking at a smaller pilot I guess, I did see that it was super long when I test drove one and was trying to see how it would fit in the garage.

There is no smaller Pilot. You mean the Honda Passport?

1 Like

Ack Now I remember, it’s longer than my MDX. (189)

I don’t know why I said Pilot, my brain fritzed

And I just looked, Pilots up to 2015 were less than 192
Guess I’m not getting a Pilot in the near future, it won’t fit in the garage.

4 inches makes a big difference sometimes

4 Likes

If you’re looking for a plug in that actually has a usable range then the clarity is one of the best ones out there. I have the fuel cell version which I cannot recommend due to the fueling situation but the actual car itself is nice.

@ mattnday

I bought this car last year and I have no regrets. It’s hard to get a family car of this size with somewhat recent tech at this price.

If I am not mistaken it will cost you $26864 - $7500 tax credit - $1000 CVRP - $800 PG&E = ~$17500 + financing cost

No PG &E but yes

There is $500 in free charging from SMUD though or a free level 2 charger

Thanks Everyone

Pulled the trigger tonight and the Mrs is ecstatic.

Deal ended up being
$34355 MSRP
$10k in discounts including $6500 dealer incentive
$9100 in after sale incentives($7500 tax credit, $1000 CVRP rebate and $599 check from SMUD power company)
Carpool sticker until 2024

When its all said and done we paid $15255 for this car plus taxes and fees and it will save us on our gas, commute time and will likely build us decent positive equity .over the first 3 years.

Thanks to everyone who helped me make up my mind to bypass the lease which was solid and go the purchase route.

3 Likes

Sounds like a good deal. Mrs. Clarity EV is coming up on lease. This could be a good solution for her. We’re in NorCal, which dealer?