Honda Accord Sport 1.5 Lease help?

i’ve read significant controversy exists about whether doc fees (dealer fees) are legit or bogus…some say they are legit up to about $300; others say they are bogus and should be negotiated to $0…what’s your opinion?

309$ monthly with 2000 Total DAS. 36/10k, how’d I do? Red Honda Accord Sport 1.5 2019.

You mean 2.0 right ? …

1 Like

No, the 1.5…

Yeah they got u pretty good. U live and u learn.

1 Like

Not if only quoting monthly payment :mask:

Oh well. Guess i’ll be here in 3 years!

I don’t get it. Didn’t you get this offer last week? Why’d you end up signing a worse deal?

Actually hidden fees they lied to me about. They offered me about 4.5k down for that 225$. Young and fresh bait for dealers. I expected it.

1 Like

Can he do anything if he hasn’t taken delivery

But… If you expected it… And you came here and got plenty of helpful info from a bunch of people… Why wouldn’t you just walk?

2 Likes

Did you take deliver yet?

Next time go through a Broker.

Masochism maybe? Stockholm syndrome with the dealership?

At least it’s way better than the $900/mo Honda Pilot!

1 Like

Just leased the '19 accord sport 2.0 for 315 w/ 0 down from a Honda dealer in NYC… Pretty good deal I guess.

1 Like

I paid the Costco negotiation fee which was 28k flat. Taxes on the lease I paid upfront, so it came down to 313 a month I think. It was the last sport 2.0 in the area and several other dealers had refused to go lower than 320 with me on one, so I just went with 313.

what did you pay at signing (due at signing cost?) also what mileage allowance ?

Paid 1600 (paid 900odd in taxes upfront, along with registration and stuff) but had 500 of that taken off for recent grad so total of 1100. Acquisition fee and their other fees rolled into the payment.

No money down

What dealership and what was the final sale price of the car? One dealer quoted me $249 w just taxes up front OR $349 $0 DAS, so I asked for a breakdown of how he got those numbers and didn’t hear back so I’m guessing it was just a front to get me in - plus those numbers don’t correlate at all (sale price 27,800). Another dealer gave me the wrong residual and wrong money factor. She wont answer any more of my emails and no one seems to pick up the damn phone at that dealership. 4 other dealers have me in 400 range.

I guarantee you won’t get the 2.0 for that price (250). 345 is what they offered me with taxes rolled in, more or less. Don’t have my bill of sale on me right now but I can check later. MF 0.00056, residual 57 I think. Couple dealerships told me they were not even gonna match hillside Honda’s msrp let alone beat it.

I bargained hard with them and in the end they refused to go lower than 28k pre-tax / delivery , which was the Costco price. Leasehackr score was I believe approx 8.6 which I’m fine with seeing how it’s not a common model. Residual was 18050 so I guess you can calculate what sum was.

I believe it was 28000 + 595 Honda fee + 950 delivery fee (all rolled into the lease). I paid the 1100 upfront (really 1600) and am now paying 315*36 = 11340 for the lease ‘pretax’ with a residual of 18000 for a total of 29340.

how many miles was your lease for? And I know that I wasn’t getting that 2.0 for 249 a month, especially when the other option was to go in 0 DAS to make it 349 - the math isn’t there with that sale price. At 27.8 I’m coming out with 390/mo and 390 due at signing via leasematic calculator. Calculator on here is coming out to be only a few cents away so I don’t know what kind of math he was doing. If i paid taxes up front I believe I would be in that 340-350 range