Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

I went ahead and accepted an offer on Rodo for a 2020 Jeep Gladiator. $317/mo with only first payment due at signing. After executing the order on the app last night, today I received a confirmation email that the vehicle was available and being reserved. Subsequently, I’ve logged a hit against my credit report from Chrysler Financial, who was the listed captive on the order sheet. Should be noted this is the first hard pull that was done throughout the process.

About 15 minutes after that I got notice from Rodo that my application was approved.

About 15 minutes after that I was contacted by the dealership to confirm terms and pickup.

2 Likes

Just seeing what was being offered local. Came across this. About $150 less/month than I could find at any dealer. I think the picture might be wrong. Doesn’t say Rubicon in Description. Don’t want to take a hard hit to find out either.

Obviously that deal is not for a Rubicon when the description says its for a Sport and the MSRP is $38375. Rubicons start at over $43k.

24 hours after placing the order on Rodo I’ve got the vehicle in the my driveway and the dealer matched the Rodo deal 100%. Honestly it was a pretty decent experience and the dealer Rodo connected me with was fantastic. Although I still don’t think the “make an offer” thing works it’s definitely possible to get the deal as advertised.

1 Like

Could you share you deal, make, model?
Sometimes it feels the process is heavily dependent on that since Rodo is somewhat of a marketplace.

Here is my signed thread;

@Norm, please feel free to post documentation that supports the 3 vehicles that you’ve leased thru Rodo. Lacking any proof, we can write you off as a shill for the company.

Not that I have to prove anything to you. I have a screenshot how do I paste it to this site? Leasehackr doesn’t come up as options?

Give me your email address I’ll send it there!

You can upload screenshots (which would be saved in your photo gallery) from your browser just like any photo

I doubt any paperwork could really support it. Pretty sure a contract wouldn’t say “via Rodo” or anything similar. I’ve seen enough positive reports that I don’t doubt those who claim to get them. It is not guaranteed, though.

I was still debating the Tacoma, but it disappeared out of my showroom, so I presume it was sold. There is another, but it is lower MSRP and few hundred higher due at signing.

Broker, where do you get that from? I’m no broker and Norm is the one coming off as he works for Rodo. Just like some people come on LH and brag about multiple Unicorn deals, people ask them to post their contracts or go away, and typically they never do. If Norm is a 3X customer, he can prove it, but he is also the one who posted that “Hi, I’m Norm from Rodo”.

Honcker ad Rodo used to have users on here answering questions and helping to fix customer Sat issues, maybe nowadays they just have trolls who try to promote their service.

Interesting update… After completing the transactions with Rodo & the local dealer, I got an email today about a flash sale for St Patricks day offering lowering prices on the Rodo add-on services;

Excess Wear & Tear Protection $799.00 $449.00
COMPLETE SILVER PROTECTION PACKAGE $895.00 $599.00
COMPLETE GOLD PROTECTION PACKAGE $999.00 $849.00
TIRE & WHEEL COVERAGE $599.00 $399.00
PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR $499.00 $399.00
WINDSHIELD REPAIR $200.00 $180.00
KEY REPLACEMENT $449.00 $349.00

You might be replacing a lot of windshields

Placed an order for a Nissan. 24 hours later was told car was “sold”.

It’s definitely possible. No one is claiming that they don’t honor some deals.

The problem is that they don’t honor a lot of deals as well.

Some people will have great experiences. The issue is with the large number that are getting baited and switched.

Interesting. Rodo just put my showroom “on sale” for up to $35/mo less. Most I had ever seen before was $15.

This is really useless unless you actually pull the trigger and see what happens.

The blue Gladiator is at Rothrock in Allentown, the same dealer Rodo used for my deal. Its within a few dollars of the price I got. No reason to believe it won’t go through, in this case.

1 Like