Hmm, lease buyout in VA triggers tax again (if not from orignating dealer)?

I am lumping this all together with leasing in state of va. From the upfront taxes, the property taxes, and all the difficulties I had getting my “estimated property tax” Bmw collected back because the state didn’t recognize I transferred the lease, and was then arguing with me that Bmw had to let them know. Plus I got the best lease deal I’m ever going to. It’s all downhill anyway. I’ve never been so annoyed buying a car.

Once you get to about 40k and above vehicles, the 4.15% tax isn’t as hard to swallow, as the monthly tax payment on leases in normal states approaches the same monthly effect.

1 Like

Never pay estimated property tax to the lender. It is impossible to get it back. Call and tell them to send you the actual amount after they get it from the county.

Typically agreed but my killer 340 deal cost me way more in tax in va than even a 10% state like ca would have. About $50 a month.

It’s all just too much of a pain in the ass, and it’s not like great or even good deals are out there. So I’ll buy.

1 Like

In VA. Yes, I bought out my lease to sell.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.