Hi, I'm ChevyPhil. If you have Any Chevy Or GM questions post them here or Tag me and i'll help out

BTW, thanks for being out here and helping the hackrs (and getting some deal flow too I hope).

I was just pointing out the flaw in the “a lessor is using 50% of the car [or rather it’s expected life] so the lessor gets 50% of the rebate.”. At the end of the lease period, (hassle factor and intimate knowledge of the vehicle life notwithstanding) the lessor has the option to compare the market price of similar 3 (or whatever the lease term) year old cars vs the (possibly inflated) mfr’s residual value.

The market price of the 3 year old car will have an implicit adjustment for the fact that there was a hefty 3rd party (i.e. government) rebate at the time of the sale. You may be right in that this may not be 100% of the rebate; it could very well be 50% or even 25% of the rebate. Empirically however, %age EV residuals (for say i3s and Leafs) have been much less than the typical 3 year old non EV, which seems to suggest that buyers and sellers have knocked off the full value (and maybe then some more) of the govt. incentive from the vehicle price.

The reality is that GM has chosen a particular pricing strategy that offers a smaller %age of the rebate up front and has other incentives that account for this. They are the seller and it’s their right to choose what offers they wish to make in the market. Buyers may or may not like the offer, and in the end the sales volume X average selling (or leasing) price will determine GM’s and the dealers’ revenues.

Now tell me what you can do to fix why there are/were so few red tagged AWD Equinoxes and you might have another customer :gift:

1 Like

wondering why? why get it so early? The honestly only thing I can think of is if you got the asian conquest lease rebate of $3K that would make it worthwhile to park for 10 months (or something similar)

Yes you are correct. After state and county rebates, the total lease is $500. If the deal of the year comes along, hesitation is a fail.
Also swapped my asian lease so no more lease payments for now.
I got a Cruze same time with 20k miles that I will use up in 10 months and turn in early and switch to the volt.
Also swapped my asian lease so no more lease payments for now.

Yea, I Try to help by speaking in specifics with the intimate knowledge of the pricing and market that I have. That differs my posts from general forums of customers. I Try to help by giving the “inside info” so to speak.

The equinox shares tags with the Trax, Tahoe, and Suburban and they are given a lot less of them then the volume units like sedans and ev’s. Also the dealership needs to sell the units they select and in the Bay Area California most equinox customers don’t want the AWD or if they do their more likely to be ok with the price.

Dealers also traditionally select their oldest inventory to have a tag and because AWD equinox’s tend to be limited I’ve also heard from other dealers that the AWD’s sell faster and with less negotiation then other lower cost units that need to be as low priced as possible.

The Solution? I’m always happy to have any vehicle in my inventory selected for a bonus tag mid month when we can add some. So if your in C.A. I can get you one.
If not, ask you local dealer to select one mid month. Watch for my update.
I hope this helps. Happy Hunting.

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
Capitol Chevrolet
San Jose C.A.
PhilGileno@gmail.com

1 Like

@ChevyPhil is the bonus tag on a 2017 Equinox $1000 or $1500? Thanks!

1 Like
Chevrolet Select Model Incremental CCR Program	$1,000	KWB	5/31/2017

It is $1,000 for this month

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
Capitol Chevrolet
San Jose C.A.
PhilGileno@gmail.com

1 Like

@ChevyPhil

Are you able to tell if this stacking is allowed?

$1250 Chevrolet Lease Loyalty Private Offer Program
$500 GM Lease Loyalty Private Offer
$1500 GM Targeted In Market Lease Cash Private Offer (Chicago only?)
$1000 bonus tag
Total $4250

only one lease loyalty rebate can be used. so yo u wouldn’t get the $500 one.
also only one “private offer” can be used. and you have to have received the offer from chevy directly.
so you end up getting $1,500 if you got the private offer. plus the bonus tag $1,000

1 Like

Hey @ChevyPhil, thanks for your help. I have another question on rebates. In my ZIP of 53132 I see these incentives:
Customer Bonus Cash - Lease Bonus Cash $1,600
Customer Bonus Cash - Lease Bonus Cash $750

Can I stack these for $2350?

Lastly any other rebates I’m missing? I qualify for $1500 conquest but not farm bureau.

Here you go. This is the equinox I have with a bonus tag. best combo of rebates. The only other thing that can be combined is the farm bureau 500.
Equinox LT AWD

MSRP: [$33,850]
Selling Price: [$32,202]
Rebates: [Chevrolet Select Market Incremental CCR $750, Chevrolet Lease Cash $1,600, GM Competitive Lease Private Offer $1,500, Chevrolet Select Model Incremental CCR Program $1,000]
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [24]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]
MF: 0.00103
Residual: [66%]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$0]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$366] $335 plus your local tax rate

Zip Code: [95136]
Sales Tax Rate: [9.25%]

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
Capitol Chevrolet a DGDG Dealership.
San Jose C.A.
PhilGileno@gmail.com

1 Like

Much appreciated, Phil!

1 Like

I should post all of my specials here for you guys actually. Let me know if any other vehicles interest you.
These vehicles I am going to post are all in stock if your in the bay area, but also serve as a good guide to finding a great deal.
you can search the stock numbers on the website for more vehicle info

This is for a Cruze LT Hatchback. 6 available at this price
C17497 White, C17496 Grey, C17495 Graphite, C17494 PepperDust, C17492 Red Hot, Ci7378 Artic Blue

MSRP: [$22,795]
Selling Price: [$21,600]
Rebates: [Chevrolet Lease Cash $1,200, GM Competitive Lease Private Offer $1,500, Chevrolet Select Model Incremental CCR Program $1,000]

Months: [24]
MF: 0.00054
Residual: [66%]

Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$217.69] $199 plus your local tax rate

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
San Jose C.A.
PhilGileno@gmail.com

White Traverse LT C16694 has the
STYLE AND TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE includes Chevrolet MyLink radio, heated driver and front passenger seats, Universal Home Remote, H-rated blackwall tires , 4 - 20" x 7.5" (50.8 cm x 19.1 cm) painted aluminum wheels and variable effort power steering.

MSRP: [$36,945]
Selling Price: [$34,804]
Rebates: [Chevrolet Select Market Incremental CCR $750, Chevrolet Lease Cash $750, GM Competitive Lease Private Offer $1,500, Chevrolet Select Model Incremental CCR Program $1,500]

Months: [36]
MF: 0.00098
Residual: [59%]

Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$369] $338 plus your local tax rate

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
San Jose C.A.
PhilGileno@gmail.com

VOLT LT With Select model Bonus tags.
6 left at this price! 2 white, 2 heather grey, 1 silver and 1 perpperdust.

MSRP: [$34,095]
Selling Price: [$30,595]
Rebates: [Chevrolet Select Market Incremental CCR $2,250, Chevrolet Lease Cash $4,400, GM Competitive Lease Private Offer $500, Chevrolet Select Model Incremental CCR Program $500]

Months: [36]
MF: 0.00069
Residual: [51%]

Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$258.31]

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
Capitol Chevrolet
San Jose C.A.
PhilGileno@gmail.com

Any specials on Suburbans or Tahoe LS?

I think for the equinox you listed the 24 month money factor. At least according to Edmunds forums and 2 other dealers I checked with separately.

your right. A lot of copy and pasting structure and I forgot to change that, thanks. yes it is 24 month.

none that LH would like. If you absolutely want one of those vehicles. text or email me for a quote.

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
Capitol Chevrolet
San Jose C.A.
PhilGileno@gmail.com

Hi @ChevyPhil

Any bonus tags on awd Trax??

1 Like