Hi, I'm ChevyPhil. If you have Any Chevy Or GM questions post them here or Tag me and i'll help out

Hi ChevyPhil,

Question for an Oregon shopper. If one leases with onepay is credit & debt2income all that important? Im selling my car private party and netting $10k. Got $150k law school debt in deferment which makes qualifying for month to month leasing a challenge, but i need transportation and would like to take advantage of new lease rather than take my chance with 4yo. Leaf.

Is there a college grad program through GM this month?
What is res., mf, and $ support for an ‘18 Bolt LT 36mo. 10k/yr. w/1pay?
Any conquest if spouse is leasing ‘14 Acura?

Your input would be awesome. Thanks!

credit still matters as they are trusting you with a car and the pay off any additional charges at the end.

Is there a reliable resource to find out what Chevy/GM rebates, incentives, private cash/etc are available in a given month? I can’t seem to be able to reliably suss that out all the time.

Hi @ChevyPhil

I’ve used the information you and other dealers post to find out what Chevy/GM rebates and incentives are available, as well as the Edmunds forums and Autobytel.

But when I take that information to my local dealerships here Fresno, CA, they don’t know what I’m talking about and have no idea about any of the rebates and incentives listed online, specifically in regards to the Chevy Volt.

Are those incentive limited to particular dealerships? Or is there any reason why a dealership wouldn’t offer it?

Thanks!

Looks like Bolt inventory has started rolling into more dealerships near me! Hopefully incentives come down from GM as well :slight_smile:

Don’t bet on it. At least not for a few months until the 19s start hitting the lot.

yea i can pull that but your local dealer should be able to help with that too, its only sales price and mf that you negotiate with them.

what did they offer you? 99% of the time when that happens its beucase you have the wrong info and are distrusting already. 1% they are making a mistake and it would be corrected during the process.

Hey Phil. I’m new to leasing, and I am really having a tough time wrapping my brain around everything. I’m in MI, and dad was an employee, but I’m almost certain I can get a better deal than was offered…

It’s a 2018 Equinox LT 1.5L with Confidence and Convenience & Protection pkgs.

MSRP: $29,960
GMS: $27,628
Resid.: 64%
MF: 1.49%

Looking for 12K/24 mo.

What kind of deal should I expect or how can I make sure I’m not getting jobbed?

take a look at dealer web sites in the area for dealer discounts and get a lease quote. Don’t make it a bad experience until you have one. See what they offer and how they explain it. that will give you a base line and something to ask about.

With $0 down after incentives, the price I was told was $296/mo. That seems a little high to me. It just seems like I could purchase at that rate with a little money down… I’m going to check another dealer, too. Maybe I can get a number to play off of each other?

“seems high” is relative. to me 300/mo seems very low for a equinox. at 3k vehicle payment for purchase is around 600/mo. leasing at half that cost is good. to be under 250 you usually need to buy 12k car or lease a 20k car.

@ChevyPhil do you have deals on a Volt LT? If I intend to lease one then do I get the California rebate or does the dealership get that?

this post is for general info, email me for price and availability.

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
PhilGileno@gmail.com.

I want to bring this back for anyone who needs this thread. Does anyone have any Chevrolet or general motors questions I might be able to help with?

new to leasing?
vehicle questions?
EV questions?

1 Like

Any Chevy’s leasing particularly well this month?

We have two Chevy Equinox leases maturing on Nov 24 and Dec 3.

We need new cars to replace them. Hit me with a PM and let’s see if we can get another couple of cars this month.

Hey Phil, Can you get me the residual on a 18 volt premier for 12k miles and mf, also how much less mf is it on a onepay?

aside from the volt and bolt, the equinox and cruze are good too. Also Malibu is a great deal for the size of the car. trucks are decent, I leased a colorado because of the high residual value, that’s another good option.

sure, email me for pricing info on anything you may be considering, PhilGileno@gmail.com