Hi, I'm ChevyPhil. If you have Any Chevy Or GM questions post them here or Tag me and i'll help out

Hi Chevy Phil,

Fico 9 is what GM Financial uses, right? My score is a 641 at the moment. Would I have trouble getting a lease?

I’m self-employed. What documentation would they ask for?

IIRC, 620 is the cutoff for the “best” rates for GM leases, but I’m sure Phil knows the exact figures.

I think you’re correct too on the “best rates.” GMF will allow a lease pretty low, however.

Oddly enough, if you have a score less than 620, you can’t do a 10k/year term. Has to be 12k/15k year.

If you are B2-B3 tier, you would be required to drop a security deposit UNLESS you purchase XS wear @ inception.

A+/A1 Tier - 700+
A2 - 680-699 MF Adjustment .00054
A3 - 660-679 MF Adjustment .00108
B1 - 620-699 MF Adjustment .00206
B2 - 580-619 MF Adjustment .00283
B3 < 580 MF Adjustment .00313

Hope if you’re in the “B” tier, you get a F+I rep that’s able to get you a tier bump!

Hi, I’ve seen from multiple sources that if I lease another Chevy, Chevy will forgive up to $500 wear and tear. I can’t seen to find any official documentation on this? I recently leased a Volt and have a Spark EV lease due next month and wondering if I will get some wear and tear allowance. Thanks.

I’ve seen a few threads.

@ChevyPhil

This is true. It’s in their dealer info, so you probably won’t see anything for it outside of people commenting. 500 towards damage/wear and tear, 500 toward excess mileage and a disposition fee waiver if you remain in the GM stable.

If you’re asking if the wear/tear coverage will work if you are grounding your Spark, and aren’t buying a new one at that time, but recently leased a Volt, I’m not sure how the program works in that regard.

We had around $400 in over mileage on our last Ford turn-in. We did lease another Ford, and called Ford Credit once we got the bill. I believe they knocked off $250, probably could have pressed for more, but thought that was fair.

@ChevyPhil Hey there! I’m in Berkeley, looking to trade in a 2015 Nissan Leaf for either a Bolt or Volt (more likely, unless the final output on my end is better/similar). I’m stupid busy, but also not interested in not getting the best deal. I like the challenge of a good thrift. Can I call you directly and work with you, or do I need to deal with someone else and just get your advice? I’m not a dummy and I’d love to not have to sort through a pile of dummies and/or people who think I am one, going directly to you would be boss :wink:
TLDR: I’m a current student, low income, CA resident, with a $12k ish valued Nissan trade-in.

this is more of a info thread, but you can email me for details on a car. but no “good deals” on volts or bolts right now by LH standards.

415-596-6262
Phil Gileno
Capitol Chevrolet
PhilGileno@gmail.com

How about some “good” info about a future all-electric performance Chevy CUV? @ChevyPhil :smiley:
https://insideevs.com/chevrolet-launch-performance-electric-cuv-leak/

I live in Ventura county. I am planning to lease Chevy Volt (blue) in May. I am looking for 36/12000 miles. I have excellent credit. Please email me at sathiya.deva@outlook.com

why not email him instead? He may not be on this forum as much as you are. He provided his email address a couple threads up.

I mainly have access to current pricing info, or speculation of future models i read the same articles you guys do. No insider info and honestly I try to focus on what I have in stock and can sell right now.

Contact @chevysalesgirl for a deal in SO CAL

1 Like

Hi @ChevyPhil,

Can I please have the rundown on incentives, rebates, etc on a 2018 Traverse LT AWD for 84121? If i did a lease through you, can the vehicle be delivered locally to me through another dealer or would i have to pick it up in SJC? Would I pay sales tax at the CA/SJC rates for the life of the lease even though I’m put of state? Thanks for your assistance.

Hi ChevyPhil
None of GM dealers in Nj are coming close to 1% rule for Malibu hybrid or any Malibu. Malibu hybrid msrp is 27000 and I offered $252… with option price is 31000 and I offered 292 but they said anything less than $375 is a loss.

What is your take? Any suggestions for honest gm dealer in Nj…tired of haggling. :slight_smile:

first thing is don’t assume because its not what you want to hear its a lie. Sure the 1% rule is a good thing to hope for or look for but dealers don’t sit back and decide a monthly payment. it’s just the answer to a equation and most of the variables are out of our control. Residual, rebates and MF make the determination.

I’m interested In leasing a full size suv Nissan Armada or Chevy suburban in Massachusetts but the Nissan dealerships I’ve researched have no lease specials for the armada and the dealership for Chevy started playing games the advertised price was no money down 385 mos when I inquired he said I had to have a current Chevy lease for that price I told him I didn’t and the payment jumped to $495 nowhere in the ad did it say current Chevy leases any help or recommendations would be appreciated

I can only lease to CA residents sorry

No worries. How 'bout my other questions?

some incintives are regional, thats not one of the things to worry about with you’re local dealer, they’ll be happy to give you what chevy gives you. its the dealer discount they give you and mf they give you that you should post here.