Hi, I'm ChevyPhil. If you have Any Chevy Or GM questions post them here or Tag me and i'll help out

here is the structure and other details for the Volt lease.
The sales price is up to the dealership, as well as the IVC coupons. They run out fast, get to your local dealer right away for the best price this month. Contact me if your in the bay area.
the question marks are because those thing are negotiable below the every day online price this weekend, and the certificates are limited. Great deals are getting made this weekend.

MSRP: [$34,095]
Selling Price: [$?]
Rebates: [Chevrolet Select Market Incremental CCR $2,250, Chevrolet Lease Cash $4,400, GM Competitive Lease Private Offer $500, Instant Value Certificates $?, First months payment $?)

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]
MF: 0.00069
Residual: [51%]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$0]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$?}

Zip Code: [95136]
Sales Tax Rate: [9.25%]

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
Capitol Chevrolet a DGDG Dealership.
San Jose C.A.
PhilGileno@gmail.com

1 Like

This was our email to ChevyPhil that recounts our experience working with him :

Iā€™m not a fan of car shopping. The whole negotiation process is tiresome. When we found your multiple leasehackr posts, I had hoped to sidestep the whole ordeal. When I contacted you, you were vague and inconsistent with what you were telling me. You never quoted me a price; told me to wait for the 4th of July weekend, then asked me to come in immediately on Thursday, only to flip back and say it too late, and wait for the weekend again. Still, I had hoped that you would come through in the end due to your alliances with leasehackr and ā€œtestimonialsā€.

Unfortunately, the deals you posted were not available and the quote you gave us were much higher. Because as you said, ā€œthings change.ā€ In fact, the price you gave us ($259/month, 0 down, 12k miles/year + $864 extended warranty) were substantially higher. You also made show of negotiating the extended warranty right off the bat. You also went to lengths with speaking with your manager and slipped in some badmouthing of your competitor. This was precisely the negative experience we were hoping to avoid. In fact, while you were speaking to someone else, I spoke with another customer (who purchased the Volt that we compared the fabric to leather interior) and shared he was only paying $199/month w/zero down for 10k miles/year.

We were left with no option but to check out another dealership. Peter Julius at Momentum gave us a considerable better price off the bat. He also told us the leather interior/heated seats would be an additional $35/month when you said it was $50 and that the retail price for the extended warranty was $995 when you said it was $1200. He said he would give the extended warranty to us for $595 straight away and we happened to be seated next to Finance Department and heard someone else paying the same $595 price. My wife liked that Peter was straight forward and didnā€™t attempt any of your ploys. We didnā€™t need to negotiate and was able to close right away.

2 Likes

Thanks for the headā€™s up, Looks like ā€œchevy philā€ has a pr problem on his hands. Sounds like the story of the snakeā€¦

2 Likes

Oh boy. Iā€™d like to see his side of the story.

iā€™ve stated multiple times that on the first of the month iā€™m not able to do quotes as my comp system isnā€™t updated, I used to avoid doing deals until the second but this new IVC program chevy has makes me need to try to make deals on the first while they are available. Things did indeed change with these new programs. On thursday morning we got more certificates and and by thursday night we used them all. How does that not make sense?

As far as wear and tear, I never post about wear and tear protection here because at my dealership its handled in finance (the only thing they do on a lease) But I did check with finance for him.

That customer he spoke to actually paid $0 plus feeā€™s, a total of $1,200 and he paid $199 a month plus tax $218. same discounts he was offered. If He asked me I would have told him that or showed him the quote.

Management offered him a good deal well below our online price and with coupons. If someone beat my price on a unit with options then it could have been really old or any other reason management needed to move it, it happens. sometimes thereā€™s a crazy deal. But my prices are always fair, my MF is always to lowest possible, and the sales price is at a significant loss past the average.

I sold 8 cars this weekend to 8 happy customers. 6 of them from this Forum. Iā€™ll contact them and have them post their experience as well to see the difference.

wow. i am absolutely shocked someone slammed you like that after all you provide on here.

at the end of the day a dealership only has a limited number of tags that is controlled by management. myself and chevy phil canā€™t guarantee a $500 voucher when itā€™s a limited supply. itā€™s legit ā€˜first come, first serveā€™ and ya snooze ya lose.

i sold 3 deals with IVC tags because i put it up on the forum and they came in same day to take advantage. my bosses would not have let me do those deals in 2 days later. before with bonus tag, the price was stuck until a tag was on a new VIN. itā€™s a different ballgame now. you legit need to come in when thereā€™s tags. and if we run outā€¦ then you have to wait to get that price.

you have to remember, thereā€™s 30 other salespeople selling cars, multiple managers, and only a limited number of tags. so we canā€™t sit on them. its better to not even quote with them and get a guaranteed price. either wayā€¦ this is a negaitve $3000 deal to sell cars the way chevyphil and i do and its a tiny commission to do it.

1 Like

Any Chevy dealers in the Chicago area here? My Acura lease is almost up, and since I donā€™t drive as much now, I was considering the Cruze as an option. Thanks!

Timeline :

1. 7/26 - Email to Phil expressing interest on volt

2. 7/26 - Phil tells me to ā€œMake a appointment to come in and get the best deal. sat the 1st-tue the 4th.ā€

3. 7/26 - I emailed to say Iā€™d like appointment for Saturday, July 1st at 12 pm.

4. 7/29 - Phil emails saying to come in Sat. at 12:30 pm and I accept.

5. 7/29 - Two minutes later he emails saying ā€œThey just released some more of the coupons until the end of the month. So we can do that pricing today. Itā€™s first come first served, can you make it today?ā€

6. I respond and tell him I can come in and I ask him for pricing before coupons because he said he cannot tell me the price with coupons. still no written quote I ask him how similar the deal would be to the June Leasehkr deal that he posted.

7. His response is - ā€œThat special is actually including three. You see were it says instant value certificates. Specials are not month-to-month anymore, that was the beginning of the month special and we had lots of certificates. Shopping with chevy is now day to day. We donā€™t have enough to do to use three on one deal.
    We can schedule a appointment for this weekend if youā€™re looking for that price.ā€ Instead of the $216 per month he says its more like $240.

At this point Iā€™m confused and Iā€™m asking myself, why did he email me to come in if the price would be better on Saturday when we already had an appointment? Of course I will wait until Saturday if he is making it sound like I would get a better deal.

1. When we get to the dealership on Saturday, the initial quote was even higher than $240 than he suggested in his ā€œcome in Thursdayā€ email. I was shocked. I asked him, you told me to wait until Saturday only to give me a deal higher than you told me what it would have been if I indeed came in on Thursday. Then he responds by saying that ā€œthings changeā€ and I should have came in Thursday and that those certificates are gone.

2. The wear and tear package was initially brought up by Phil, not by me. He told me it was $1200. He then said that he could maybe bring it down to $995 because itā€™s ā€œ4th of July.ā€ He eventually dropped it to $864. He said he wanted to know if we even wanted it before talking to his manager because he wants to know if he should include it in the bargain, that this was where dealerships made up some of the discounts they gave. This should have been a red flag.

3. We countered that the initial pricing we got from Momentum was already less than his ā€œspecial pricingā€. He had us email him the pricing and said it was a super great deal and he didnā€™t know if they could beat itā€¦ this is where he implicated that sometimes dealerships enticed customers to come in and when they show up, itā€™s not the deal promised at all. >>Sounds familiar!<< He had to discuss it with his manager and told us his manager was ā€œstressed out, which is a good signā€. They reduced the quote for a rate of $259.88/month for zero down for 12k miles/year. Again, he told us that the heated leather seats were an additional $50/month.

It sounds like there are a lot of happy customers with Phil.  Not all experiences are equal.  I was only trying to recount our experience from our perspective.  I know I was definitely happier with Peter Julius at Momentum.  The fact that he straight away 
A) told us add-on pricing lower than Phil ($995 for wear and tear - discounted to $595 vs. Phil's $1200 and $35 for heated leather seats vs. Phil's $50)
B) didn't need to get approval from his stressed out manager 
C) didn't badmouth his competitors 
D) offered a overall pricing with no haggling 
was much more favorable to us. 

Perhaps some of you will share the same sentiments.
6 Likes

Every icv tag of $500 is worth about 14-15 a month. I just learned that chevy can add 3. Thought it was max 2 per car. Everyone should go into any deal ensuring sale price and then including 3 icv tags if they want business. Except for major holiday deals. We all can negotiate the best sale price then use max tags.

1 Like

"at the end of the day a dealership only has a limited number of tags that is controlled by management. myself and chevy phil canā€™t guarantee a $500 voucher when itā€™s a limited supply. itā€™s legit ā€˜first come, first serveā€™ and ya snooze ya lose.

i sold 3 deals with IVC tags because i put it up on the forum and they came in same day to take advantage. my bosses would not have let me do those deals in 2 days later. before with bonus tag, the price was stuck until a tag was on a new VIN. itā€™s a different ballgame now. you legit need to come in when thereā€™s tags. and if we run outā€¦ then you have to wait to get that price.

you have to remember, thereā€™s 30 other salespeople selling cars, multiple managers, and only a limited number of tags. so we canā€™t sit on them. its better to not even quote with them and get a guaranteed price. either wayā€¦ this is a negaitve $3000 deal to sell cars the way chevyphil and i do and its a tiny commission to do it."

she said it better then I can lol.
at the end of the day, we offered a good price at a,loss, no mark up, no profit. Thatā€™s the point of this forum. No inflated MF and a 4k dealer discount.

1 Like

The 1st of the month is the only day I canā€™t do quotes. my system is down for a update of specials. so I can fully agree to numbers ahead of time on the 2nd-31st. But on the 1st I go through management like anyone else, thatā€™s why your experience was different then others. Any other day we agree or disagree on numbers via email ahead of time. it makes it much simpler.

Also on the 1st of the month and a holiday it takes a while to know what other dealers are doing and vice versa. I have my ear to the street but it takes a while to get info on what everyone is doing.

1 Like

out of the 50+ people iā€™ve sold to on here this is the first one that is upset and itā€™s when I had to work a deal through management of course. no one like to do that any more, but IVCā€™s can go quick, but from now on letā€™s just wait until the 2nd and agree to numbers ahead of time.

Also a quick tip for everyone, be nice. be friendly. Donā€™t come into a dealership looking and acting angry and non-responsive. Management are people too, and work off good surveys and online reviews. Their less likely to take more of a loss for a customer who seems upset, But theyā€™ll go out of their way to make a happy person happier. That may sound ridiculous but itā€™s my advice. and most of my customers from this site are very friendly happy people. We get along great.

1 Like

This post was originally to give Chevy and GM advice, now that the holiday is over does anyone have any questions?

Any not understand any programs running?

0% available on a lot of models for purchase as well.

again the tags are limited. as a salesperson we can only go so far negative before management will tell you to kick rocks. iā€™m sure phil too, but i know myself i literally get yelled at by my bosses when i push through these killer deals. itā€™s -$3,000 for the dealership and itā€™s another grand or two in rebate vouchers. if someone said hey, i have $1500 cash waiting for you today, why wait until saturday? ijsā€¦

yeahh! competitive & loyalty lease rebates on Bolt EVs! wooo!

1 Like

2018 Equinox finally has some good rebates to go along with a nice residual. If your in the market for a new SUV they are very nice, I recommend you check them out.

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
San Jose C.A.
PhilGileno@gmail.com

If your in Southern California and looking for a great deal and transparency, Contact @chevysalesgirl. Sheā€™ll take care of you.

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
San Jose C.A.
PhilGileno@gmail.com

1 Like

How much is conquest and or loyalty on the bolt now? How long is it valid for on a Chevy lease that has been turned in? Is there a slight buffer period? Thanks.

hey there. drop me a text so i can get you some numbers :slight_smile: 9097813640