Help with Explorer contract

So I signed on this on Saturday and was looking over the contract and when I plug in the numbers to the calculator I couldn’t get to the same payment. Also the taxes on my contract and the calculated taxes were. Just wanted to see if i was missing anything
Thanks in advance

Why’d you drop 8400 in cap cost reduction?

Taking that into consideration, this isn’t a great deal, but enjoy the car. Post your calculator link so we can see where you are going wrong.

Why would you even care about the calculator now? You already signed what looks like just another terrible deal.

These discussions are always much better to have before signing than after. With that said, if you post your attempt at the calculator, it’s far easier to see where things went wrong.

1 Like

Oof. Is this an ST with x-plan pricing?

:point_up_2::point_up_2:

1 Like

So “amount you will have paid by the end of the lease” is $31,260. So that’s $868/month for an explorer? That is insane

The does include the $4500 incentive

The only out of pocket i gave was $1600. 2300 came from a previous ford lease and 4500 in incentives. Thats another thing i don’t understand because contract because it has 12k due at signing

Wouldn’t be the first time a dealer contributed some cash and showed a higher selling price instead.

This is closest i got

Are you trying to replicate the contract as it is written or what you paid? What did you think your deal was going in?

Im honestly trying to figure out where that extra 3600 in upfront costs is and why the taxs are off.

:point_up_2:

What deal did you think you were agreeing to? Did they agree to a discount price or just a monthly/das?

It was agreed monthly and das which i thought 539 1600 out of pocket for a 51k was pretty good in this current environment

I’m guessing what they did here was either just show less of a discount or less on the trade and then put cash into the das rather than show a lower selling price. Sometimes there is some weird bookkeeping reason foe them to do that. I don’t like it, but it happens.

Oh ok got it which probably what made the taxes higher as well

Probably something you needed to figure out before signing maybe? Just a thought.

I was honestly going based off payment and das which i thought were good numbers. Since the numbers i got before were 610 with 1600 out of pocket

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.