Help with CX-9 lease

Looking to do a zero down 3/36 lease on a '21 Mazda CX-9 that stickers for stickers for 46k. Was quoted $612 tax included. Seems high to me but don’t know if that’s due to the market distortion/shortages. Any examples of recent deals for the CX-9?

Any input world be greatly appreciated! Let me know if more info is needed.

Gracias!

What’s the DAS?

Without all the variables (MF, incentives, etc), none of us here would be able to be able add any useful input.

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

2 Likes

Did you search the marketplace and Shared Deals sections?

2 Likes

Is this an AWD Grand Touring or Touring or other?
For reference in April, got mine, 21 AWD Grand Touring:
36/12k
$449/mo with $449 DAS and so glad I pulled trigger than.

Over $600/mo now for a $45k car - no way.

2 Likes

Thanks to you guys! Rookie mistake on my part for not doing more research BEFORE pinging the best and brightest here.

Here’s what I was quoted…

MSRP: 45610
Discount to: 44610
Lease acq fee: 650
Cap cost roll: 611.09
DMV/CA tire/doc fee: 703.75
Zurich shield/bs fee: 399
Total: 46973.84
Residual: 59% - 26909.90
Money factor: .01
3/36 lease
Zero down

Los Angeles area

We’re ready to pull the trigger today. Not eligible for any lease incentives from Mazda, as they’re limited in scope.

Eric, my goal would be to duplicate your deal. I’ll use that as my template, and Matt, to your point, that’s the rationale. The obvious differences are the ridiculous money factor quoted and the weak MSRP discount. The dealer didn’t have a white on black on the lot, so that likely explains the less than enthusiastic pricing quoted.

Have you confirmed rv/mf/incentives with edmunds?

This is for a 2021 CX-9 Grand Touring, white on black.

Be sure to determine if this is zero down or zero due at sale

1 Like

Edmunds confirms the 59% residual but MF is .0001, so they’re ripping me on that.

It’s not uncommon for a dealer to drop the two leading 0s when they write out the mf.

If the mf was actually .01 here, your payment would be $1000+ per month

I know it’s a bit of a drive, but my last car was a Mazda and I had a pretty good experience with Capistrano Mazda in Orange County.

Message me if you want the sale’s guy’s number to run some questions by him.

Their inventory doesn’t have one MSRP’d that high right now, but you can see if they have what you’d like: New Mazda CX-9 San Juan Capistrano CA

Good luck Ross, tell them you want more of a discount if they are jacking the money factor from bank rate.

I’m in Florida and got a lease on a Grand Touring FWD CX-9 (just over $44k MSRP) for $495 including 7% tax for a 36/15k lease with only first month DAS. Discount was around 10.5% ($4500) but they had a high $995 dealer fee. I got quotes from multiple dealers in the $49X range (lowest was $490 but not my choice of color).

It was higher than I wanted but figure that the extra $3500 in equity from my previous lease that would normally be upside down translates to a sub $400 lease.

1 Like

Thanks MechE31, Good feedback. CA dealers aren’t moving much, so I’m about to start looking out of state.

Capt, who was your guy at Capistrano Mazda?

messaged you the contact info

great discount! horrible fees but solid deal in this environment! congrats!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.