Help w/ MB C300 Lease - dealer seems questionable

That does not make any sense. Every monthly payment should be the same.

1 Like

Could they roll first month in and $445 is the title or something else? Or they added $12 for some tire tax to the first month? I know it’s weird, but who knows without breakdown.

Ya I agree and keep asking for breakdown. He won’t give it and says to just come in and he will show the breakdown in person. I know he will just try to switch something around in person in hopes of me not catching it, which is what he did the first time I went in. I’d like to be able to look at it on my own on my computer.

Looking at the numbers in their system can be very confusing, but you can always use a simple calculator on your phone (http://www.ridewithg.com/rwg-calculator/). Like I said before, if $445 is the only amount due at signing and monthly is $433, then they must have rolled other fees in. If they move them to due at signing, you’ll be at $417/mo with about $1,000 due.

I ended up getting the car. I went to 3 additional dealers and they kept on saying the dude had given me something unrealistic on a new 2018 model and to come back by the end of the year to get that deal so I left. Went back took off the Kia and leased the car. I just had to be careful because they wanted to add the leather sealant and whatever other things they could. It took 3 contracts and 3 hours to get the car as they apparently kept messing up. I ended up putting 4K msd and 2500 down which includes everything first month.

On MB-Tex? LOL [20 chars]

Totally makes sense. Thanks for the help.

15% off MSRP is very good for 2018 model (I was offered $6k off as well) and you will benefit from higher residual that 2018. I paid the same acquisition fee and was told this was now the standard fee (though they lowered my vehicle price by same amount).
If you can afford it I would do more MSDs to lower the payment.

The beauty of MB leases is the 2017 MF/RV are comparable to the 2018 (outside of any loaner mileage adjustments). With the increased MF of the 2018, it actually makes it more expensive than the 1% lower residual 2017.

2017 MF/RV on C300 4matic

2018 MF/RV on C300 4matic

In other words just come in because I (salesperson) am too lazy to disclose the numbers and I will make you fall in love with the car again, move some numbers around, make you sweat it out and then have my finance manager club you in the Finance box

Who is this one person you are speaking of? I hope I didn’t start some misinformation! I mentioned on here that I successfully was in dealership office sitting down ready to sign and had ~18.4% if I remember correctly, but that was on a 2017 C300 rwd and actually it was WITHOUT fleet rebate. So I assume nearly 19% can be done on a New 2017 C300 with a fleet discount.

But to clarify I held off on that deal and decided to wait for my Penfed control code to kick in.

@jordans Have you tried Calling and discussing the discrepencies? You gotta be assertive and if the salesman isn’t working to do whats necessary to close the deal try to simply start over with someone else at that dealership. One sketchy person doesn’t represent the entire dealership and if they are playing games you should play right back.

Gimme the name of the guy and dealership and I’ll get workin on a quote as I’m in the market for a C300 as well as soon as october 20th.
PM me

I don’t remember, it was about 18% off on a new 2018 anyway.

Mods, delete. Accidental post.