Help us brainstorm FAQ topics!

Leasing demo cars 101 - which brands offer it, where it can be advantageous vs not, how to find them, understanding mileage depreciation, what discount to look for and factors (mileage, model, etc)

2 Likes

Let me just formulate all these suggestions in one sentence: “Everything about leasing because I hate do researching on my own”

1 Like

Well said!

How to subscribe to alerts based on a keyword.

For example : Get an email notification for a new thread that is created with a certain keyword, Audi or Infiniti

I would suggest a glossary of the abbreviations. “Das” “msd” “mf” etc. it would be nice to have one thread where these are defined. A question I have is: is the residual value calculated on the msrp or the sale price? What about with dealer add ons?

There is already a thread like that on here. I’m not sure where but I remember browsing through it.

Residual value is calculated on MSRP. If you’re talking about (BS) dealer add ons like nitrogen, VIN etching, etc. - those are not residualized.

1 Like

How do special offer lease prices work when msrp off the particular vehicle if higher. Say offer is $349 on MSRP of $38.000 but the cheapest vehicle on the lot is 42,000… how to estimate to not get misled by sales person.

Those special offers are a gimmick to get you in, and are usually tied to 1 VIN number, and it will almost always be “sold” when you arrive.

Very good reason to work over email first to get pricing.

I think those are great FAQ topics (even if they’re elsewhere on the board, having them [or linking to them] in a FAQ would help new user). I also think other good FAQ topics would be

1. “Down payment” vs. “DAS”
  2. Dealer cash vs. incentives vs. “trunk money”
1 Like

What banks/lendors do not allow third party sales (to CarMax, Carvanna, Shift, Vroom, “Fresno Pontiac”, etc.)?

As someone else mentioned above, a topic on leasing from a different state would help me out. To know its practicality, the steps and work involved, costs, etc.

1 Like

same here! I have no idea what many of the abbreviations mean. I think there is a post somewhere, but now I cant find it!

hmmmm I think so too

here’s a new FAQ that has popped up a few times the past couple weeks:

“I have ‘x’ number of months to go on my current lease. When should I start looking for my next lease?”

“How do I sell to Carvana, Vroom etc? Do I have to pay tax?”