[Help/Tip Request]Emailing the Dealer

Hello,

I am new to leasing and new the this website. Hopefully, I am asking in the right place with the right questions.

I am currently leasing a 2017 hyundai sonata for about $216/month through a broker my sister uses (I have no other info at this time, maybe in my car). The lease it up in Nov 2019-ish. I am looking to early turn in the lease and trying to lease a Lexus IS F AWD for $0 36months/12k (will consider the 10k if it’s a better deal)

What type of information do I ask for when emailing a dealer?
Residual Value? Money Factor? Capitalized cost? Refundable security deposit? MSRP? Monthly Payments? Total Driveoffs?

Additional Question - Is the lease credit is $3000 and the total driveoff is $2,000 does the lease credit cover the total drive off cost and does the remaining $1,000 from the lease credit go into my monthly payment as credit? I hope I am understanding this right.

Any sort of tip or if someone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Read this thread:

If by “lease credit” you mean incentive, it is deducted from the vehicle selling price. It has nothing to do with “drive off cost”. You can structure a lease deal however you want, we recommend zero drive off or first month payment due at signing only.

Hey! Thank you for the response. I will read over the recommended thread.

Your recommendation is 0 drive off (meaning I don’t pay for driving the vehicle off the lot like the registration, fees, tax, etcc…?)

Hey. When I spoke with Hyundai they said they would take my current lease early (about 2 or 3 months early with no penalty. Since I’m now trying to lease a lexus would it make a difference? Should I let them know i’m looking to turn it in early?

I have never heard of an ‘early lease return’ lest of all from Hyundai. Sure you can turn it in whenever you want, but you’ll get a bill in the mail for the remaining payments and any damages.

What do you have in writing? Besides your current lease contract.

They aren’t going to let you turn it in early for free if you get a Lexus.

I actually went into the hyundai dealer ship near my house and they confirmed no penalty for early turn in. I guess they were under the impression I would be leasing a new hyundai but he did confirm no additional fee or penalty payment and it will not roll over to my new lease payments.

I also did read that Hyundai would never do a early lease deal on this website somewhere but wondering why the guy at the dealership offered it to me.

Salesmen are wont to tell you whatever they think you want to hear.

Unless you have something in writing that will change my mind, or you have positive equity in the car, there is nothing that can be done about the remaining payments. Either you pay them or you roll them into your next lease.

1 Like