Help on Calculator Update

Thanks! 2020202020202020

Volvo doesnā€™t have 7,500 miles option in calculator. My dealer actually said they didnā€™t have it until last year.

Can we move the payment summary back to the side on desktop? Right now itā€™s showing all the way at the bottom as if desktop was on mobile.

GM vehicles acquisition went to $650

@MConte05 @DLara0318 Updated. Thank you for letting us know!
@Ursus Thank you for pointing it out! We will implement the changes in due course. For now, please manually adjust the residual by adding 1% to the 10k-mile residual and maybe make a note in the memo if needed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am in Virginia. The sales tax in the calculator is using the sale price before incentives instead of the sales price after incentives. VA does not tax incentives.

I just enter sales price minus all incentives.

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™m misunderstanding, but thereā€™s a section for sales price and untaxed incentives.

1 Like

Yes, but the tax is being calculated on the sales price before incentives, when it should be taxed on sales price after incentives.

Ursus has the right idea.

then I think people dont understand what untaxed incentives are. people assume they are the equivalent of lowering the sale price of the car.

Thatā€™s what they are in VA.

1 Like

where are they not like that?

At least we get that since they tax the cost and not the payment. And the rate of 4.15% is not too bad.

To me, when you say the incentives are ā€œuntaxedā€, that means the tax is calculated on the net sales price after all rebates.

But that is not the way the calculator does it.

@adamcar thank you for letting us know. We will make the appropriate change on the calculator. The way states tax car leases varies across states so it is hard for us to capture all practices.

Yes I donā€™t know anything about the other states, but VA for sure taxes the entire purchase price after all incentives.

Made the changes. Hope the calculator has been helpful.

Thank you. Calculates to same as my tried and true excel spreadsheet now.

Can the calculator auto populate the sales tax for the state where the car is being purchased/registered?

Also, I see that the LH score goes up if we have a down payment/drive off which can be misleading to many new members especially if folks are trying to just get the highest LH score.

Similarly, some states have lower taxes, some tax incentives, some donā€™t ā€¦ so take in account of all such variations, is there a way to truly standardize the LH score within all these parameters

Iā€™m thinking add weights to different components to standardize it? Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s how itā€™s done already?

I donā€™t think many of us really use the hacker score as any kind of measuring stick. Itā€™s just sort of a quick glance check thing to see if you are in the ballpark for those that donā€™t know leasing too well.

Though it is fun to see those deals that are like a score of 58 years