Help! Newbie Looking for Lease Advice on Mazda 2020 Cx5 GTR Offer

I’ve been back and forth with several Mazda dealers here in GA, this is the best offer I’ve received so far. My math using several lease calculators still does not add up to $369.11 a month it’s closer to $330-$352. What am I missing? They are offering to pay me 17k for my current car and I owe $16,196. Why is the trade difference 14,050?

Edit: They quoted MF 0.00047

what mf are they charging?

Quoted MF 0.00047/RV 56%

Trade difference is

Purchase minus Trade allowance. (This is what sales tax is calculated)

The payoff is added later to get the CAP cost.

Ok, thank you! Do you feel like this a good deal based on the info given?

Did you check the RV & MF on Edmunds?

2nd check current pre-incenctive discount other have received in the forum and Mazda forums.

Once you verify those items,

Then it depends how badly do you need the new car… Is the priority getting the best deal or a good enough deal & how much negotiation room is left & do you want to negotiate that.

I did check the RV & MF on multiple sites, the ones quoted seem to be accurate. I just don’t understand how they got to $369? And they will not break down the lease line by line w/ me as I’ve requested. After using multiple calculators and spreadsheets to analyze the costs I want to accurate and not pressured into helping them make a new car sale. Priority is getting the best deal as I do not need a new car. I’m currently in a 2017 CX5 GTS (financed at a good rate, 2.59).

Dealer approached me about trading in while getting my car serviced.

I’m also not upside down in my payments… Car is worth $18-21K on most sites I’ve seen.

So you have some negotiating power.

Put the information in the calculator and post that link.

Also, I would definitely do more research on current pre-incentive discount currently available here and Mazda forums.

Some glaring issues,

1. What is the “complete” charge of $603?

2. Doc fee of $699 (seems high)

3. Check what is the current value via requesting quotes from carvana, vroom etc. Just to get an idea …

Good luck

Edit: just saw you posting 18-21k value, so you’re already leaving 1-4k on table.

I get within about 2 dollars a month when I run the calculator with the selling price set to $32757 (MSRP - pre-incentive discount + $603 “complete” - positive trade equity):

I’m guessing the “complete” is a dealer add on/protection pack sort of thing

1 Like

“Complete” is a package I inquired about and want them to include at no cost (yet they still included it). How did you get $3257 for selling price? On quote, it says total $31,653.57; entering that number in calculator gets me this. I also really appreciate the insights! Thank you. https://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Mazda&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=36635&sales_price=32757&months=36&mf=.00047&dp=0&dealer_fee=699&acq_fee=650&taxed_inc=2500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=56&reg_fee=47&sales_tax=6.6&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

Selling price = MSRP - Discount + Add ons - Trade Equity = 36635 - 3688 + 603 - 792.43 = 32757.57

This includes fees, rebates, etc. Those get itemized out separately in the calculator

I keep editing… but it didn’t update. leasehackr.com/calculator?make=none&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=36635&sales_price=31653&months=36&mf=.00047&dp=0&dealer_fee=699&acq_fee=650&taxed_inc=2500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=56&reg_fee=47&sales_tax=6.6&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&totalLeaseTax_radio=true

Your calculator is double counting all your fees and rebates.

When you edit the calc, to post the update, you need to copy the url from the share your numbers button, not at the top of the page.

You’re double counting all your fees and rebates by using the $31653 sales price from the dealer quote and then having them itemized separately as well.

I see, thank you so much!