Help Needed: Early Buy-Out Calculation Discrepancy for 2023 Ioniq 5

, ,

Hmmmm… that’s unusual and is always a breath of fresh air when dealers truly look after your best interests instead of their own. Not sure when the profit from a marked-up MF is considered earned as it varies across manufacturers.

Yup, I’m aware of that. That’s one of those untouchables.

(@delta737h : I knew you know that! I just included that for any newbie reading this thread. The question gets asked often.)

Also, I wouldn’t say the dealer was looking after my best interests exactly. The deal was not signed and the dealer knew I was shopping around. Making the deal more desirable to me was in their best interest. Plus, the dealer originally implied that I needed to wait 6 months to do the buyout “to get the full credit,” would not explain why that was, and marked up the MF. So no breath of fresh air.

Well, perhaps I was being a bit naive. I always try to think well of people but in these times, it’s getting much more difficult to do. You just don’t know who you can trust anymore. I always insulate myself from dealer BS by taking control of the deal. I do my own research and create a one-page comprehensive professional-looking dead-on accurate lease proposal like the one below…

Next, I email it to internet sales which always ends up in the hands of an SM who can make decisions. I never ask them for anything. I already know the base MF, residual, acq and doc fees, etc. No need for me to chase after the dealer or get quotes. The lease proposal speaks volumes. I never go to the dealership except to sign docs and pick up keys. I ask them to send me a copy of the completed lease agreement and their lease worksheet to ensure that there are no mistakes. Then, I go to the dealer once we agree on the contract. All negotiation is done via email/phone.

That is great. You know, dealers should be required to create something like this. Never happen I guess.

Just thinking and laughing to myself: the first lease proposal from the dealer was completely confusing. I asked, where’s the acquisition fee? And the answer was, “trust me, it’s in there somewhere.”

Anything from a dealer is usually done half-assed. Their quotes are garbage. They know they can get away with being sloppy because people are tolerant and don’t hold them accountable mostly because of ignorance. Look at good 'ole America the great, it’s a national disgrace. Incompetence and ignorance are running rampant. Politicians are like cattle drivers where the people are the cattle… moooooo!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.