Help me to pick a car

Doesn’t the 30i have thigh extenders? Every loaner I’ve gotten has had them

My insurance guy(Allstate) quoted around $360 additional to my current policy per 6 months for the 22 MDX.

Out of the cars you mentioned, I liked the Volvo XC90 or the Subaru Outback Limited XT (if you don’t need the 3rd row). The Outback comes with some great options in that trim.

Good luck!

Since the topic is locked to one post a day, going to try to respond to everyone in one shot. Final decision at the end if anyone cares and doesn’t want to read the whole thing.

now you are just making me sound like a total asshole through my poor choice of words :slight_smile: But I do see everyone’s point.

And apparently it does. The sales guy I was talking to originally didn’t realize this either and was under the impression that only 40i has it. Love car sales guys!

TBH I had nothing but problems with American brands back in the day. I get the fact that they are much improved and “not your grandfather’s” anymore, but the bad feeling remains for life. Same reason why I would only drive a Nissan if it was given to me for free, and only then if I couldn’t sell it and get something else.

final decision.

at the end of the day I believe I’m going with x3 xDrive 30i loaded to the gills. Very pleasant to drive, nice amenities (although for the life of me I don’t understand why remote start is a non-starter on this car), nice on the inside and most importantly of all wife said she likes it :slight_smile: Drove the 40i as well, but I don’t trust myself with so much “feistiness” and 30i has enough power for my needs, plus 40i seems to pump more engine noise into the cabin, which could be a placebo effect or the actual engine sound “enhancements” that a lot of manufacturers like to do

Have you calculated the ballpark monthly payment?

Assume $60k MSRP, 10% at buyrate MF, input your own tax rate and whatever incentives you qualify for beyond lease cash

I removed the throttling on the thread as it seems we’re past the “pick my car for me” phase and hopefully moving into the deal evaluation phase of discussion. It’ll go back on if things spiral again I’m sure.

thank you very much for the recommendations, it’s very helpful for me!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

did you check out the 21 santa fe? looks like they updated the interior so its not so chintzy anymore.

i’m in a similar situation and right now im liking the

• Q5e hybrid

• 2021 santa fe calligraphy

• x3 30i

I think I said somewhere else before, but this is my take on Hyundai - they create hype through “reviews”, most of which I’m convinced are either blind or are compensated way above other makes, short demand, and somehow convincing people that they are priced so fairly that the MSRP or even over is needed for the dealer to not lose their pants. At the end of the day the cars are basically meh, packed with idiotic gimmicks and are overpriced.

I ended up with a BMW x30i with executive, driving assistance pro, rear shades, wireless charging and I Don’t even remember what else. Didn’t take the hitch as don’t need and it deletes the handsfree trunk opening, didn’t take active something package as I’m not tracking this car, and didn’t take ventilated seats as it replaces seat structure from what I test drove and comes in black only. Also put back run flats instead of regular tires from executive package as I don’t want to lose trunk space since spare raises the floor by about 3 inches.

Now just to sit and twiddle my thumbs for a month while the car actually gets built and delivered.

Wait, you willingly added the run flats? Are you mad?

5 Likes

Never had BMW or run flats before, didn’t feel bad or loud during the test drives and a ton of room deleted in the trunk for a donut seemed like a bad idea.

What’s the problem with the run flats?

Their wear rate and cost to replace are major factors why people run away from them.

1 Like

Good to know, I’ll be on the lookout last year of the lease for any closeouts on tires if mine will be close to replacement. Although how bad can they be, are they really not going to survive around 20k miles?

What was your lease deal?

roughtly this:

out the door is off by a few dollars.

Genuine question: Is there any practical benefit of having runflat tires? What can a runflat do that a regular tire + a bottle of sealer bottle cannot ?

In X3 that I got the non-run flats come with a compact spare aka donut tire. However in the finest german tradition of overengineering everything, the storage space gets reconfigured to a point of raising the floor by a few inches, which I wasn’t willing to lose. Ultimately I would prefer to have regular tires and a spare, even if it’s mounted under a car, but that’s not an option here.

My question was rather whether tire sealer + inflator combo can prevent me from stranding in the middle of nowhere if I dont want to have run-flats. Have a nail in the tire? Seal, inflate and drive it in low speeds until I get it repaired.

Or is there a benefit I am not aware of , for example having much stronger sidewalls so I would be much more protected from potholes or whatnot?

I recommend a Hyundai Pallisade

7 Likes

1 Like